War in Ukraine / June 21
Belarus continues to be a problem for Ukraine
Today, troops of Belarus began training, which will last until July 1. Studying in Belarus is not unusual, but at the same time – the choice of location for this year’s training is very significant: it is the Gomel region, which borders Ukraine. Last year, Belarus conducted such exercises in the Mogilev region. An important detail is the purpose of the training: Belarus wants to work out the issue of rapid mobilization of troops.
Right now, the army of Belarus is not taking part in the war against Ukraine, its territory is only a springboard for the offensive of Russian troops and the launch of Russian missiles. Since the beginning of April, the Russian army has partially withdrawn from northern Ukraine, but the threat of re-invasion still remains and is very high. For example, in mid-June, Russia shipped new С-300 systems, missiles for them and the Pantsir complex in Belarus.
Self-proclaimed President Lukashenko does not rule out that his army may attack Western Ukraine. Ukrainian intelligence assures that the threat of an offensive remains, they are ready for it, but they are not waiting for an attack yet. The Ministry of Defense claims that the attack cannot be unexpected – Russia and Belarus will be forced to draw large troops to the border, which will not go unnoticed. Due to the possible threat, additional lines of defense have been created around Kyiv.
The potential attack depends entirely on the success of Russian troops in eastern Ukraine. Now the most important battles are taking place there, and if the Russian army achieves significant success, part of the battalions may be transferred to a new offensive on Kyiv, including involving the army of Belarus. However, already now, having a threat in the north, the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine is forced to keep some troops on the borders for defense, without transferring them to the East.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- The modern cannons that may make the difference in Ukraine
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- A shell fired by the Russian military fell near the rural council of the Udy village, where there were people at that moment. 3 people were killed on the spot as a result of the explosion.
- During the day, Russian troops repeatedly shelled the Industrialnyi district from artillery. Shell hits were recorded in the area of the industrial zone along Moskovsky avenue (Yuzhkabel), in the KhTZ area. As a result of shelling, 7 people were injured. According to the information from the local chat groups, there were five people dead and 11 people injured. Shell hits on warehouses which caused fire were also recorded.
- Russian troops shelled the border areas of the Krasnopillya district from the territory of Russian Federation:
during the day, the territory of the community was shelled from mortars and other weapons four times. 42 explosions were recorded. As a result of the shelling, residential houses, household buildings, a school, the building of the village council and infrastructure facilities were damaged;
in the afternoon, as a result of the use of kamikaze drones by the Russian troops, a car was damaged, 6 people were injured, 2 of them were hospitalized in serious condition.
- As a result of the shelling, residential buildings were damaged, 1 person was injured.
- The civilian infrastructure of Tavriiske and the territories near Hulaypilske and Novoandriidvka were shelled by Russian troops.
- There was massive shelling from cannon artillery, MLRS, mortars and tanks by Russian troops at Severodonetsk and Lysychansk. Also, Synetskyi, Pavlohrad, Borivske, Voronove, Hirske, Bila Hora were under attack. The use of Russian aviation in the area of Lysychansk was repeatedly recorded. The largest number of attacks in Severodonetsk fell on the production premises of the “Azot” plant, and treatment facilities were destroyed. The buildings of the police, the prosecutor’s office and the SBU were also under rocket attacks. The destruction of residential buildings was recorded: in Hirske – 9, Zolote – 7, Novoivanivka – 12. 3 people were injured in Lysychansk, as well as several policemen.
- Russian troops shelled the border territory of Novhorod-Sivers’kyi district near to the checkpoint “Hrem’yach” from the territory of the Russian Federation. from 00:35 am to 00:45 am bursts from a large-caliber machine gun and 5 explosions, presumably, from 80mm mortar were recorded; from 00:50 am to 01:00 am, 30 explosions in the air were recorded.
- Russian anti ship mine run ashore and exploded on the beach in the recreation center in the village of Sychavka, Lyman district. The blast wave damaged the windows and roller blinds in a civilian building.
- Russian troops shelled Tavriiske. An airstrike was carried out in the area of Bila Krynytsya.
- The Russian army launched a missile attack on an industrial facility and on residential areas. The enterprise buildings were damaged. The Russian army used cluster munitions. One of the clusters exploded in the courtyard of a residential house where there were two men. One of them was killed, the other one was wounded.
- Russian troops shelled the city. Two objects of social infrastructure, port infrastructure, houses, garages, and cars were damaged. Dry grass caught fire. Harvest fields burned in the suburbs. 250 households were cut off gas supply. One person was injured.
- At night, the Russian army fired Grad MLRS with a magnesium charge at Avdiivka. As a result, school number 6, the third in the city, burned down. An aid center for civilians was set up in this school. Stocks of food, water and medication have been destroyed.
The market and the railway station were also damaged.
- The Russian army shelled the city beach on the lake of Zolota Rybka. According to preliminary information, cluster munitions were used. As a result, the mother of two children died. 11 people were injured, including six children (1, 2).
- As a result of the cluster munitions shelling, there was a grass and club rush fire on a 3.5 ha of land. The roof of a house was damaged.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.