War in Ukraine / June 22
The Ukrainian agricultural sector estimates losses of $23 billion. This will also hurt world food prices
The Ministry of Agrarian Policy of Ukraine estimates that the indirect losses from the war are estimated at $23.3 billion.
Ukraine will lose the most from the impossibility of sowing all the land available to it on February 23. It is estimated that the loss could be $9.6 billion. The forecast for the collection in 2022 was higher by 33% for wheat, 32% for sunflower and 31% for barley. In fact, because of the war, Ukraine will lose 1/3 of the harvest of these crops. The next big problem is the yield of already sown lands. Due to constant shelling, increased tillage and lack of fertilizers, the harvest is expected to be 22% lower, which is more than $3 billion in potential losses.
The biggest problem for Ukraine is closed ports. Ukraine will not be able to withdraw the entire harvest, and what is exported will be much more expensive in terms of logistics. At the same time, reduced demand in Ukraine itself, given the huge supply, will lead to lower prices in the domestic market. Farmers lose twice, which in monetary terms can be more than $11 billion.
Ukraine’s losses will affect those countries that depend on Ukrainian exports. Ukraine is one of the largest exporters of oil, the fifth largest exporter of wheat in the world. Falling harvests in Ukraine and problems with the logistics of what can be done will increase the price of crops and increase the number of malnourished people, especially in African countries.
Attempts by European countries, the United States and Turkey to find a way out by unblocking Black Sea ports have not yet given any concrete results.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- The modern cannons that may make the difference in Ukraine
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- At night, Russian troops launched a missile attack on Zolochiv. The rocket hit an apartment building, causing significant damage to it. The body of 1 dead person was pulled out from under the rubble. There may still be people under the rubble.
The death toll later rose to three.
- In the morning, Russian troops launched a massive artillery barrage on Chuhuiv, resulting in fires in 2 private garages, a store and an outbuilding. Also, 2 employees of the utility company were killed. The building of the boiler house was destroyed and the heating pipeline was damaged.
- At night, Russian troops shelled Slobidskyi and Industrialnyi districts of Kharkiv, economic and industrial buildings were damaged, and several large-scale fires occurred.
In Shevchenkove in Kupiansk district, 1 person was wounded as a result of shelling.
In Chuhuiv, as a result of the night shelling, houses and outbuildings were destroyed, 2 people were killed and 2 were injured.
Cannon artillery and MLRS also attacked Ukrainka in Vovchansk district, Petrivka in Kharkiv district, Shevelivka in Balakliya district, Bazaliivka in Chuhuiv district, Prudianka in Derhachi district.
- As a result of a Russian shell hitting a production facility in the Nemyshlianskyi district, a fire broke out in the building, and a car parked nearby also burned down. 3 people were wounded by shell fragments.
- Russian troops from the territory of the Russian Federation fired mortars at the border areas of Nova Sloboda community Konotop district and Esman community Shostka district. 20 explosions were recorded.
- On the territory of Okhtyrka district, a police car exploded on a mine left by Russian troops during a patrol. Two police officers were injured. While the investigative team and explosives experts were working at the scene of the explosion, another explosion occurred, as a result of which 5 people were injured, 1 person died.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops in Orichiv, residential buildings, roads, power lines and gas supply lines were destroyed. 6 consumers were left without gas.
In Tokmachka, 2 premises of the penal colony were destroyed.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, a fire broke out in an unused building on a total area of 500 square meters.
- Russian troops shell the region from artillery, MLRS, mortars day and night. The most damage was recorded in Lysychansk, where the housing stock and one of the city’s schools were damaged. In Severodonetsk, the territories of a number of factories were shelled: brick factory, “Fiberglass” plant, chemical non-standardized equipment factory, chemical plant “Azot”. Hirske, Zolote, Syrotyne, Novoivanivka were also shelled. Air and missile strikes were carried out against Verkhnokamianka, Severodonetsk, Syrotyne, Hirske. There are confirmed destruction of 8 residential buildings in Novoivanivka, 8 -in Hirske, 9 – in Zolote. In Lysychansk one dead person was found under the rubble, 3 more people were injured.
- Russian troops shelled the border areas of the Hrem’yach village in Novhorod-Siverskyi district from the territory of the Russian Federation:
8 explosions were recorded during the day;
at midnight, 6 explosions from mortar mines were recorded.
- 2 missiles were launched by the russian troops on the territory of the Odessa region. The Armed Forces of Ukraine shot down the missiles over the sea.
- As a result of shelling by Russian troops, the winter barley crops caught fire, as well as the forest near the village. Several houses and household buildings were damaged.
- Russian troops launched 7 Onix cruise missiles on the territory of the city. As a result of the shelling, the buildings and outbuildings of the enterprise, where fuel and lubricants were located, were damaged. A terminal was destroyed on the territory of the Viterra agricultural company, and 2 tanks, which store sunflower oil, caught fire. Near the epicenter of the explosion, windows, doors and roofs were shattered by shrapnel and the blast wave. In 8 civilian houses, 5 multi-storey buildings and the building of a local school windows and entrance doors were smashed out. 1 person died, 2 were injured.
- On June 21 in the evening and June 22 at night, Russian troops shelled the Northern microdistrict of the city. According to preliminary information, 1 person was injured.
- During the night there were several shellings of two communities: Apostolove and Zelenodolsk. In particular, power lines and a gas pipeline, several houses, a kindergarten, a school, a headman premise, and a shop were damaged in Velyka Kostromka. Fields in the Apostolove community were also shelled.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.