War in Ukraine / June 24-26
The Molfar team sends a daily newsletter about the war in Ukraine. The editorial staff of AIN.Capital publishes the full version of the digest. You can subscribe to the newsletter here.
Russia is actively shelling Ukraine
In less than a week, Russia fired more than a hundred missiles into Ukrainian territory. The shelling came from Belarus, the Black and Caspian Seas, aircrafts and ground systems. Russia has not fired such powerful missiles at Ukraine for a long time. Moreover, the majority of hits are civilian objects.
The most impressive target is Kremenchuk. There, the missiles hit the Amstor shopping center. According to Zelenskiy, at the time of the strike, there were more than 1,000 civilians, it is already known about 2 deaths and more than 20 seriously injured.
In Kyiv, rockets landed in a residential building, and the two upper floors were destroyed. This is not the first time that Russian missiles have hit this house: the first hit was more than a month ago. It is known about one victim, it is almost impossible to live in this house.
Russia says it only fires on military infrastructure. In the Chernihiv region, they aimed at the village of Desna, where the military base is located, and in the Lviv region, at the Yavoriv polygon. In addition, the shelling of critical infrastructure – in Cherkasy destroyed the railway bridge.
Ukraine lacks air defense for protection. Out of a dozen missiles, only 1-2 can be shot down. The country’s leaders are asking the West to provide additional weapons for protection.
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- From the territory of Bergorod region in Russian Federation, Russian forces hit an office building in Kyivskyi district of Kharkiv with two missiles. As a result, 9-t hand 10-th floors of the building were partially destroyed, a fire emerged.
- An ambulance arew on their way to a village in Zolochiv community was shell, an ambualnce driver was injured.
- As a result of the shelling with two cruise missiles launched from the territory of the Belgorod region of the Russian Federation, the arena of the Polytechnic sports center of the Polytechnic University was completely destroyed. Also, a fire broke out as a result of shelling.
- In the morning Russian artillery made two strikes on Zolochiv. 12 residential houses and service buildings, gas and electricity sypply lines were damaged. A 79 y. o. Woman, who was outside during the shelling, was killed. According to the locals, the village was shelled with cluster munitions.
- Air defence shot down two guided missiles. The debris from one of them fell into the woods in the Kamyanets-Podilskyi district. The debris from the second one fell down to the village garden in one of the Khmel’nyts’kyy district communities, damaging the doors and the windows in several houses.
- Russian troops launched two cruise missiles on the territory of the city of Sarny. As a result of the shelling, the premises of the service station with a car wash and a car repair complex were destroyed, trucks that were located on the territory of the complex received significant damage. In total, 10 residential buildings, five car service facilities, one gas station, two hotel and restaurant business facilities, three stands, two auto parts stores, one communal hostel, two other facilities were damaged. Four people were killed, seven people were injured.
- The dam was damaged as a result of the shelling. A total of 2 explosions were recorded. 5 people were injured.
- The Russian army launched an attack with the Tu-95 and Tu-160 X101 missiles, the missiles were launched over the Caspian Sea. As a result of the shelling, a fire broke out in a 9-storey residential building on a total area of about 300 m2, building structures from the 1st to the 7th floors were damaged and the 7th, 8th and 9th floors were partially destroyed. One of the fired missiles hit the territory of the kindergarten. 6 people were injured, including a child. The body of one man was found under the rubble.
- Russian strategic aircraft in the Belarus air space near the Ukraine-Belarus border, made a massive missile strike on Zhytomyr region. Around 30 missiles were launched, around 10 of them were shot down by the air defence. Military infrastructure was damaged, one person was reported killed and another one – injured.
- Russian troops dropped 2 explosive devices with UAVs, from the territory of the Russian Federation with the helicopters they launched 6 unguided missiles at the border area of the Krasnopillya community in Sumy district. As a result of the shelling, hospital buildings, community centers, libraries and schools were destroyed and damaged.
- Russian soldiers from the territory of the Russian Federation shelled the border areas of the city of Seredyna-Buda from mortars. Three explosions were recorded.
- As a result of the shelling by Russian troops, 2 fires broke out. In Kamyansk, a household building of 40 sq. m. was burning. In Orichiv there was a fire in the attic in an area of 5 sq.m.
- Just as the day before, the majority of Russian cannon artillery and MLRS strikes were aimed at Lysychansk and the remaining part of Severodonetsk under Ukrainian control, around the plants of Azot and Stekloplastyk. Maloriazantseve, Synetskyi, Pavlohrad, Voronove, Bilohorivka, Vovcheiarivka, and Loskutivka were intensively shelled as well. Aviation was used near Lysychansk, where it made new strikes on the bridges across the river of Sivers’kyi Donets’, that had been destroyed before. Three people were reported injured, including two children in Maloriazantseve, and one was killed in Lysychansk.
- Russian helicopters attacked the bridge leading to Lysychansk. As a result, it was damaged and it became impossible for trucks to cross it.
- Russian soldiers shelled the border areas of the Hrem’yach village in Novhorod-Siverskyi district from the Russian territory. Two explosions of, presumably, 120-mm mortar shells were recorded around the “Hrem’yach” checkpoint.
- Russian troops shelled the border areas of the Chernihiv region:
- five explosions, presumably mortar shells, were recorded near the village of Sen’kivka in Chernihiv district;
- 20 mortar shell explosions were recorded on the territory of the village of Yanzhulivka in Novhorod-Siverskyi district.
- Russian forces launched around 20 cruise missiles from Republic of Belarus at the village of Desna in Chernihiv district from land missile complexes and strategic aviation. The strike damaged local infrastructure.
- Russian forces from the Russian territory shelled the border areas of the Hrem’yach village in Novhorod-Siverskyi district:
- at 00:08 from the Russian village of Vitemlya one explosion was recorded. Presumably, the strike was made with canon artillery;
- at 00:45 from the Russian village of Pogar there were 10 hits. Presumably, the 120-mm mortars were used.
- The air defense forces shot down 2 Onyx-type cruise missiles fired by the Russian troops across the territory of the region from the territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea with the Bastion coastal complex.
- As a result of shelling, residential houses and civilian infrastructure was damaged.
- As a result of shelling, residential houses, outbuildings, and civilian infrastructure was damaged.
- A man was blown up by cluster munition.
- Russian troops launched a missile attack on the territory of Mykolayiv and its suburbs. The shelling was carried out from cannon artillery and, presumably using the Tochka-U missile system. As a result of the shelling, buildings and civilian vehicles were damaged on the territory of an infrastructure facility. Two people were injured
- Horokhivka village of Voskresens’ke community of Mykolayiv district was shelled by russian troops
- Russian forces shelled the towns of Avdiivka, Krasnohorivka, Kurakhove, Ukrains’k, Toretsk, Hrodivka, Niu-York, Karlivka, Bohdanivka, Pervomais’ke, Pivdenne, and Khromove with strategic aviation, S300 missiles, MLRS Grad and Uragan, cannon artillery and tanks. As a result, ~25 civilian targets were damaged or destroyed, including 22 residential buildings, a railroad substation, propuction facilities and a hospital. The night shelling of the Bakhmut town destroyed and damaged 15 residential houses. One person was killed, two were injured.
- Russian troops carried out a missile strike on the territory of the city of Kostyantynivka in Kramatorsk district. As a result of the shelling, the utility premises of the heating system were destroyed, the administrative building of the fire department was damaged, all the windows were broken in the building of the local community center by the blast wave and shrapnel, special vehicles and private cars were damaged. One woman was rescued from the rubble, two people were killed.
- In the afternoon Velyka Kostromka was shelled, local houses were destroyed. At 21:00 Zelenodolsk was shelled as well.
- During the night two communities, Shyroke and Hrechani Pody, were shelled.
- Destructions in Shesternia in the Shyroke community were recorded.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.