SID Venture Partners invests in Liki24.com and datuum.ai
SID Venture Partners has announced investments in two new startups with Ukrainian founders: the pharmaceutical service Liki24.com and the data platform datuum.ai. The amounts of investments, valuations, and other participants of the round have not been disclosed. But, as the fund reported to AIN.Capital, the average ticket size is about $300,000.
- Liki24.com is a platform for searching, comparing prices, and quick or scheduled delivery of drugs, which operates in Ukraine, Romania, and Poland.
- The company was founded in 2017 by Anton Avrinski, together with his colleagues. Since then, Liki24.com has received nearly $6 million from leading venture capital funds in Ukraine – Horizon Capital, Flyer One Ventures, TA Ventures, and several business angels.
- SID Venture Partners invested in the company, given the experienced team and being confident in its future expansion into global markets.
- The pharmaceutical market is worth up to $20 billion in Ukraine, Poland, Ukraine, and Romania alone, and up to $300 billion per year in Europe as a whole.
“Liki24.com is a project that has already proved its ability to develop in Ukraine and has reached a leading position in the local market. Amid recent events, now they have even more motivation to achieve success in Europe. We believe in their prospects as well as in technological and marketing expertise,”commented Dmitry Vartanyan, General Managing Partner at SID Venture Partners.
- datuum.ai is an AI-driven no-code data integration platform that reduces time and cost for data projects. Using the product saves businesses up to 80% of the time spent on data-related processes, which is much more efficient than doing it manually.
- Startup clients are large and medium-sized businesses, service companies, consulting agencies, BPO projects.
- The startup, which was founded in February 2021, has two executives: Dmytro Zhuk, 46 (co-founder and ex-CTO of Sigma Software), and Leonid Nekhimchuk, 44 (ex-CTO of VisiQuate Inc.). The two have over 20 years of experience building SaaS projects and data engineering.
- SID Venture Partners invested in datuum.ai considering the experienced team and the growth of the market for no-code platforms, which reached $12.5 billion in 2020 and may grow to $190 billion in 2030. Datuum.ai also revolutionizes the data management market, which is worth $85 billion per year.
“The idea and concept of datuum.ai have long been shaped by Sigma Software. We’re glad to find the people who share our vision of its further development and support the team in improving data processing for businesses from all over the world,”commented Dmitry Vartanyan, Managing General Partner at SID Venture Partners, on the agreement
About the fund
SID Venture Partners is a venture capital fund launched by the end of 2021. It is a €15 million fund that invests in early-stage technology startups. Management is carried out by 13 representatives of the Ukrainian IT industry.
As of today, SID Venture Partners already has 12 investments. Except for Liki24.com and datuum.ai, the list includes Awesomic, Elai.io, Mindist, Spokk, V-Art, Finmap, Near, The Credit Thing, The Orderly Protocol, and The Breakfast. Most of the portfolio has been invested since the beginning of Russia’s full-scale invasion of Ukraine.