War in Ukraine / June 30
Russia left Snake island. It seems completely
Russian troops left Snake Island. Kremlin propaganda explained this decision as a gesture of goodwill. The Ministry of Defense has another explanation: the powerful shelling of the island and the Russian contingent on it. In order to save themselves, the Russian soldiers left everything and fled on two boats. A day before the shelling on Snake Island, it was possible to neutralize the anti-aircraft complex “Pantsir” worth more than $14 million. In other words, Ukraine simply did not allow Russian troops to gain a foothold on the island, knocking them out of it.
It is important to note that the latest shelling took place precisely from the land part of Ukraine. If before that the targets were fired with bayraktars, now – with the artillery. Experts point out that this is a vivid example of Ukraine’s successful use of European aid: using the weapons provided by its partners, the Ukrainian army was able to quickly regain an important border point. Now this example will be used to ask for even more military weapons in order to end the war faster.
Snake island, although it looks like a very small island (some even call it a rock), is an important point for controlling Ukrainian sea routes, as well as the mouth of the Danube, where there are three still working Ukrainian ports. Radar equipment, various types of anti-aircraft missile complexes and air defense systems can be stationed here, as well as a small number of patrol ships. Having a garrison on Snake island, Russia essentially controlled the passage of Ukrainian ships. Now this impact will be much smaller.
In addition, this is another important psychological victory. Having no forces at sea, Ukraine is once again showing its superiority over the powerful Russian Black Sea Fleet. Cruiser “Moscow”, amphibious ships, boats, Snake island – time and time again Ukraine manages to win, albeit small, victories over a much more powerful enemy. This forces the Russian naval forces to move closer and closer to Crimea and to think more about the defense of their own fleet, rather than about offensive actions.
At the same time, Ukraine is once again forced to cede territories on land. According to Serhii Gaidai, the head of the Luhansk Region, the Russian army has come very close to Lysychansk, although it has not yet entered the city itself.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- The modern cannons that may make the difference in Ukraine
- Judicial reform in Ukraine: analysis of the main principles and problems of reform
- Investigation into the relationship between ISPsystem, 1inch, FSS of the russian federation and crypto-businessmens
- StopFraud: an investigation into porn, gambling and russia
- Psychological portrait of a russian people
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Russian troops launched a missile strike from the territory of the Belgorod region at night. The first missile hit the territory of a woodworking enterprise in the Osnovianskyi district in Kharkiv. As a result of the impact, a crater of 12 meters wide and 3 meters deep emerged, the enterprise building and the produced goods were damaged.
Another missile hit the industrial zone in the Nemyshlianskyi district of Kharkiv, 150 meters away from residential buildings. As a result of the impact, the windows was broken in the nearby houses, the roof in one of them and a car were damaged.
- Russian troops launched 4 artillery strikes on the Yunakivska community.
- Russian troops shelled civilian infrastructure of Orichiv and Hulaipole districts. Residential and utility buildings, garages and outbuildings were damaged.
- Russian troops keep focusing on the efforts to encircle and occupy Lysychansk. The major shelling was in the area of the Lysychansk refinery, the Donsoda plant, as well as in Topolivka, Vovcheiarivka, Maloriazantseve, Bilohorivka, and Siversk. Due to constant shelling, firefighters are unable to reach the firesю As a result, many residential buildings, infrastructure facilities, and two shopping centers burned out in Lysychansk, and the only working bakery was destroyed.
- Throughout the day, Russian troops shelled the border areas with artillery. In the morning they fired at Myhalchyna Sloboda, later they hit Kolos, in the afternoon explosions were recorded in the Karpovychi area.
- At night and in the morning there was shelling in the Shirokovskaya community. One residential building was destroyed, 2 more were damaged. No oeople were injured.
- A brigade was shelled while repairing power lines. 2 people were injured, a specialty car was damaged.
- Near Slovyansk, fires broke out in a garage and garden communities due as a result of a shelling.
- As a result of the shelling by Russian troops, residential buildings, household buildings, and a car were damaged.
- An agricultural enterprise was shelled in Zelenodolsk, a fire broke out there. In Velyka Kostoromka, a warehouse with agricultural equipment was shelled, houses and power lines were also damaged.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.