War in Ukraine / July 7
HIMARS slow down the advance of Russian troops
Ukraine has been asking for long-range weapons for effective defense for many months. It was not possible to get everything, but already the first serious deliveries gave results. We are talking about the American HIMARS long-range artillery.
For example, at the time of preparation of this newsletter, it became known about the destruction of a military base in Nova Kakhovka: up to 70 Russian soldiers were killed, as well as a lot of ammunition and equipment. This is not the first such case: over the past month, the Ukrainian army has destroyed the ammunition depots of the Russian army with long-range artillery hits a dozen times. The accuracy and range of HIMARS helps this a lot: unlike the same Grads, HIMARS enables precise hitting of the target, and not volley bombardment.
According to British intelligence, the destruction of Russian warehouses has its result, namely, it reduces the intensity of the offensive: in many directions, the Russian army now has no reliable rear and supplies, so it is forced to stop its advance. This also applies to the battle for Donbas: Russia took a break to replenish its reserves, which are necessary to ensure a further offensive.
The destruction of a dozen warehouses is not a great achievement on the scale of the war. But Ukraine still managed to demonstrate two important things to its allies. First, Ukraine can effectively use the weapons of its partners and use them for the tasks that rely on it: long-range artillery is used to shell warehouses far in the rear. Secondly, the weapons of Western partners can stop the advance of the Russian army. The more of it Ukraine gets, the easier it will be to defend itself.
At the same time, Putin himself said that his country “hasn’t even started anything yet”, talking about the war in Ukraine.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a skam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
- VICE: Meet the US ‘Journalist’ Helping Spread the Kremlin’s Propaganda
- Collaborators of the city of Kupyansk: a corrupt military person and child vandals
- Days of EU Integration in Ukraine’s Parliament
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- 2 Russian shells hit the territory of a school for children with visual impairments in the Nemyshlanskiy district, as a result of which windows and doors were broken in the school building, and part of the equipment was destroyed.
- As a result of more than an hour of shelling by Russian troops, some apartment buildings were destroyed.
- Russian troops fired 5 shells, as a result of the shelling the house and power lines were damaged.
- As a result of a shell hit, a summer kitchen caught fire on an area of 40 square meters.
- Russian forces shelled Bilopillya, Shalyhynska, and Esmanska communities.
- Su-30 aircraft over the Black Sea launched 2 Kh-31 type cruise missiles, at the Odessa region. One missile hit the Millennial Spirit tanker, which was drifting in the waters of Odessa without a crew with the remains of diesel fuel on board. The second missile exploded over the sea.
- Multi-storey buildings were damaged, as a result of the shelling by Russian troops. In total, 5 shells were fired. There were 2 reports of shells hitting apartments. As a result of a shell hitting a transformer substation, 6 houses were left without electricity. 1 person was critically injured.
- Novodarivka, Temyrivka, Novokarlivka, Novoprokopivka, Preobrazhenka, Orichiv, and Tavriiske were shelled by the Russians. A total of 33 civil infrastructure damage cases were recorded.
- Russian forces shelled the town.
- In the afternoon, as a result of the hit of shells and shrapnel, fires broke out in open areas.
- In total, 3 shellings were carried out, 120 shells were fired by the Russian army on the territory of the Novhorod-Siverskyi community. One of the strikes hit livestock, resulting in the death of animals.
- Russian troops struck with a 9M723 missile of an Iskander-M system. As a result, 15 buildings were damaged including a hotel, cars burned down. According to preliminary data, 1 person was killed and 6 were injured.
- Russian troops shelled the town more than 10 times during the day. Residential buildings, a hospital, a motor depot, and the Avdiivka Coke and Chemical Plant were damaged. As a result of the shelling, a 5-storey building caught fire. It is known about 1 civilian casualty and 2 wounded people.
- Zelenodolsk, Velyka Kostromka, Maryanske were shelled by Russian troops. In Maryanske, power lines were interrupted, part of the village was left without electricity.
- As a result of the shelling, 2 residential buildings and power lines were damaged. A field on an area of 4.9 hectares caught fire.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.