Poland’s live commerce startup Stream Sage secures $1.9M
12 July, 2022, 12:59
The Polish startup Stream Sage has secured a $1.9 million pre-seed investment. Its app helps companies and creators monetize blogs, videos, and live-streamed content with an instant shopping experience.
- Founded in 2020 by Wilson Hunter, Robert Łabuś, and Blazej Wojtyla, Stream Sage develops a no-coding app to turn all existing content into instant shopping channels. The software helps to merge the online shopping and entertainment experience by allowing instant on-page, add-to-cart, and checkout features to video, live streaming, blogs, and website content.
- The fresh $1.9 million round was led by Innovation Nest and Acrobator VC, as well as several strategic investors from the US.
- Innovation Nest is a Krakow-based venture capital fund investing in early-stage European B2B software companies. The firm has already invested in Stream Sage during its pre-seed round in 2021.
- Acrobator VC is a pre-seed fund that invests up to €1.5 million in B2B(2C) software developers with data-intensive business models. The fund operates from Amsterdam and Kyiv.
“We invested in Stream Sage because of the clear trends in live commerce and, more importantly, because of the technical capabilities of the team at Stream Sage. They have already built a very sophisticated platform for a seed-stage startup and have big plans for the industry,”Mike Reiner from Acrobator VC comments on the investment.
- Stream Sage’s founders have experience working with e-commerce, having previous clients like Hasbro and Universal Music. The team claims to have created interactive video and streaming apps for over 20,000 active content streamers, with 700,000 monthly active users. Stream Sage’s clients already boast over $50 million in annual gross revenues.
- The new funding will allow the company to continue building the first platform version for clients worldwide. The startup is working on adding subscriptions, live polling, and live stream event ticketing to Stream Sage.