War in Ukraine / July 12
Day 140: The question of the day: will it be possible to agree on the export of Ukrainian grain by sea
Right now, a meeting of representatives of Ukraine, Russia, Turkey and the UN on the food issue is taking place in Istanbul. In particular, the parties are trying to agree on the export of Ukrainian grain to African and Asian countries. We will remind you that now Ukrainian ports are blocked and transport ships cannot safely enter Ukrainian ports, some of which are still under occupation.
The results of the negotiations are unknown, but as the Minister of Foreign Affairs Dmytro Kuleba assures, “the parties are two steps away from a decision”. According to Kuleba, everything depends on Russia: the country is required to provide security guarantees for the export of Ukrainian grain. At the same time, as he also claims, there is no great enthusiasm on the part of the Russian Federation: in his opinion, Russia is not interested in such exports due to the possibility of Ukraine receiving additional foreign exchange earnings to strengthen its economy.
These are not the first such negotiations. But before that, it was not possible to reach an agreement in principle. So, for example, Ukraine was required to demine the coastal waters, and Russia wanted to check all ships leaving Ukrainian ports. Ukraine obviously did not agree.
For Ukraine, grain export is a significant moment. According to various estimates, more than 20 million tons of grain worth more than $7 billion were stored in warehouses. At the same time, ports are the main export channel, which is currently unavailable. Railways and road freight transport cannot cope with the load. The factor of the new crop is superimposed on all of this: if the old one is still stored in the warehouses, where should the new one be shipped? The UN is interested in solving the food problem, which could increase the number of starving people by 40 million at once, if cheap Ukrainian grain does not return to the market in sufficient volume.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a skam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
- VICE: Meet the US ‘Journalist’ Helping Spread the Kremlin’s Propaganda
- Collaborators of the city of Kupyansk: a corrupt military person and child vandals
- Days of EU Integration in Ukraine’s Parliament
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- There was rocket shelling of the Shevchenkivskyi district. The shell hit between residential buildings, the buildings nearby were partially damaged. The playground was destroyed.
- The Russian army shelled the village with artillery. As a result, 9 houses of civilians were damaged, as well as gas and electricity networks.
- As a result of shelling, fires broke out in fields and forests.
Artillery shelling of the village of Zahradivka continued.
Because of the shelling of the Kherson region, wild boars migrated to Zelenodolsk district of Dnipropetrovs’k region. They walk around country houses and cities, and because of the shelling they cannot be caught.
- Russian troops shelled the territory of the village with mortars and fired 2 volleys from the MLRS. A private house was destroyed, and a car was damaged. According to the Police, a non-residential building was on fire.
- An artillery shell hit the house of children’s creativity, and the building was partially destroyed. Stained-glass windows, hall, classrooms, and a concert hall were destroyed. Residential buildings were also damaged.
- Russian troops shelled the city with cluster munitions from the occupied territories. 24 rocket hits were recorded. 2 medical institutions, 8 multi-apartment and 25 private residential buildings, buildings of universities, a college, an office center, a bank branch, a shopping center, workshops and enterprises were damaged. 12 people were injured. One of the missiles hit the school building. The building where the classes of the elementary school were located was completely destroyed. The windows were broken in the building for high school education. Upper stage rocket 9M544 MLRS “Tornado-S” broke through 3 floors in a 5-storey building. The building of Ukrposhta was damaged.
- The Russian army launched 2 missile strikes on the city. As a result, the boiler house was destroyed and a fire broke out. Garages and windows in a multi-storey residential building were damaged. A woman was killed.
- The Russians fired 4 X-31 missiles from Su-30 fighters at the coastal zone of the Odesa region.
- As a result of the shelling of the private houses of Bakhmut, 1 person was killed, 5 more were injured.
- As a result of the shelling, a mowed field was burned down.
- The territory of the village was shelled.
- An open area near the enterprise was shelled, as a result of which a stubble field of 3.5 hectares caught fire.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.