War in Ukraine / July 20
Day 148: The logistical “nightmare” of supplying the Ukrainian army
We write a lot about supply problems in the Russian army due to the destruction of warehouses by the Armed Forces of Ukraine. However, the Ukrainian side has no fewer problems, and maybe even more. It’s about help from partner countries.
Dozens of countries are now supplying weapons to Ukraine, and this has become a big problem. There are several reasons:
- All weapons are different. Soldiers need to be trained to work with it, and these are different training programs. Each technique has its own characteristics. Teams that have been working with HIMARS cannot immediately switch to Caesar.
- Different weapons – different cartridges: there is no interchangeability of shells, different calibers add problems with the same supply.
- The equipment needs repair, and therefore – warehouse stocks of components are needed, all of this needs to be delivered to Ukraine. There is often a lack of spare parts, and broken equipment is not repaired, but simply taken from the front.
Experts also point to the problem of the size of the supply: when only a few machines of the same type are sent, it is very difficult to find ammunition for them, organize training and logistics. That is why Ukraine, having seen the effectiveness of HIMARS, is asking to increase the supply of this weapon and everything necessary for it.
The difference in equipment adds work in all directions: maintenance, repair, training of soldiers. At the same time, it is practically impossible to fix this problem: previously NATO tried to standardize at least ammunition, but nothing came of it.
At the same time, according to Ukraine, the Armed Forces are ready to accept any military aid and look for the best ways to use it. This is caused by the limitation of own resources and large losses of the reserve prepared by February 24: almost 50% of own equipment. In fact, now Ukraine simply has no choice, and they are trying to compensate for all the problems with the effective use of the available resource: as example, the supply of long-range artillery in just a month was able to significantly stop the advance of Russian troops.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Crypto background check and $20m investment: How Molfar helps big companies find professionals?
- The russians bombed Belgorod with rockets of their own production
- Terrorist attack in Vinnytsia: dance school as a strategic object
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a scam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
- VICE: Meet the US ‘Journalist’ Helping Spread the Kremlin’s Propaganda
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- As a result of the shelling, 2 residential buildings and 2 outbuildings were damaged. A 47-year-old woman was hospitalized.
- The school building was shelled.
- As a result of the Russian shelling, residential buildings and infrastructure facilities were damaged, and power supply was disrupted.
- At 10:00, Russian troops fired 2 bursts of 4 rounds each from a grenade launcher. After 11:00, 30 shots from the Grad MLRS were recorded. The territory of the forestry was shelled, two service cars burned down, one person was injured.
- As a result of the shelling, the church and power lines were damaged. Public toilet was destroyed.
- The villages were shelled.
- As a result of the shelling, the territory of the market and a residential building were damaged.
- From 2:20 to 3:00 a.m., the territory of the Bashtanka community was shelled. Presumably, explosions hit near several towns. A field fire was recorded.
At 2:00 – 2:30 a.m., Bereznehuvate village was shelled. As a result of a strike, 8 residential buildings were damaged, 2 people were injured. At this time, infrastructure facilities and residential buildings in the villages of Kaluha and Vysunsk were shelled.
At 11:20 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. the village of Lymany of the Halitsynove community was shelled. As a result, houses and outbuildings were destroyed.
At 4:20 p.m., as a result of the shelling of the Shevchenkove community, fields with grain caught fire between Kotlyarevo and Zelenyi Hai.
The village of Chervona Dolyna in the Shyroke community was shelled several times during the day.
As a result of the forest tract shelling in the Halitsyne community, a fire broke out in the coniferous litter and the forest.
During the day, 2 people were injured in the region.
- In the morning Kamyanska Sloboda was shelled from self-propelled guns, 4 explosions were recorded. At 11:40, the village of Mykolaivka was shelled from mortars, 20 explosions were recorded. At the same time, the territory of the Semenivka community was shelled from MLRs.
- Residential houses were shelled, 3 houses were completely destroyed, about 12 more were damaged, and a fire broke out in 6 houses. 9 people were injured, 4 of them were children.
- The park area was shelled.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.