Czech hospitality app Choice QR raises €1.5M
The Prague-based hospitality app Choice QR, with an office in Kyiv, Ukraine, has raised €1.5 million in seed funding to connect European restaurants to its app. The round was led by the Czech VC Presto Ventures with participation from the UK-based VC Seedcamp, Sifted reports.
- Launched in 2021 by Ukrainian entrepreneurs Alex Ilyash and Volodymyr Olyanytski, Choice QR offers a platform connecting hospitality businesses with their customers. The platform allows hotels and restaurants to digitize their operations, increase revenue, and reduce costs by providing features like QR payments, table ordering, takeaway and delivery services, as well as guest check-ins and check-outs.
- The company works in the Czech Republic and Poland but has clients worldwide, including the US, Hungary, Ukraine, and Germany. Currently, the company employs 40 people and is still hiring.
- The Czech venture capital investment company Presto Ventures led the €1.5 million seed round. It is an early-stage company that invests up to €3 million in CEE startups. The firm recently launched a €30 million Fund II. Seedcamp, Reflex Capital, J&T Ventures, and Purple Ventures also joined the round.
- The startup plans to enter all the markets from which the French restaurant payment app Sunday recently withdrew.
“We can compete with them on the same level while spending 10 times less money. We are an eastern European startup and have much less cost on sales and amazing developers who work hard. We are humble and hungry… while Sunday is hype and spends too much money,”Alex Ilyash, Choice QR’s founder and CEO comments on the investment.
- Choice QR will use the new funding to expand in Europe. The company plans to connect 50,000 restaurants in countries such as Spain, Italy, and Portugal to its app over the next three years.