War in Ukraine / August 3
Day 162: Mykolaiv will not be forcibly evacuated
For the past two months, Mykolaiv has been under heavy shelling from Russian troops almost every day. Rockets hit infrastructure objects, residential buildings, and two universities were destroyed. No damage to military facilities or soldiers – only civilians and civilian facilities are affected.
The head of Mykolayiv RWA Vitaliy Kim said that since the beginning of the war, 403 people have been killed by Russian missiles, and more than a thousand have been injured. And these are only civilians. At the same time, forced evacuation will not be introduced in the city.
According to Kim, the Russian army is not succeeding in the Mykolaiv direction and is not advancing. Instead, more than 50 settlements have already been liberated in the Kherson region and the counteroffensive continues. Considering this, the city administration does not see the need to force people to leave. Kim is sure that Russia cannot capture Mykolaiv and even come close to it.
At the same time, the situation in the city remains difficult. Constant shelling keeps all rescue services under strain, water problems remain in the city (water pipes were damaged in the spring), and several humanitarian aid warehouses were destroyed. Additional work is caused by Russian shelling of the fields: because of the fire, the rescuers are also forced to put out the grain, which the Ukrainian farmers do not have time to collect.
Latest investigations of the Molfar team:
- Torture and murder of a Ukrainian prisoner: Molfar identifies war criminals
- Crypto background check and $20m investment: How Molfar helps big companies find professionals?
- The russians bombed Belgorod with rockets of their own production
- Terrorist attack in Vinnytsia: dance school as a strategic object
- ZelenskiyNFT: is it a scam project created by the russians? We have the evidence.
- Fact-checking of a missile strike on the city of Kremenchuk: why was it a planned terrorist attack?
Airstrike, missile and MRL damage
- Russian troops carried out strikes on the territory of the city, in total two missiles were fired. As a result, a plant in the Novobavarskyi district was partially destroyed, the missile damaged a 6k m² blacksmith shop. In Kholodnohirskyi district, a missile hit the ground near a residential area, damaging the walls and windows of nearby houses. The blast wave and debris cut wires on three spans of the power grid, leaving more than 300 residents with no power.
- Air defense forces shot down a missile fired by Russian troops over the territory of the region. Missile debris fell into a sunflower field, destroying some the plants.
- Russian troops shelled three districts of the town, damaging a multi-storey residential building. A 58-year-old citizen of the Russian Federation, who was in his apartment, died. Two women were also wounded, one of them was hospitalized in a serious condition. Prohibited cluster munitions were used.
- 7:30 a.m. – There were 10 shots from self-propelled guns on the territory of the community.
10:30 a.m. – 8 artillery shots on the community land.
- Semenivka community – artillery shelling, 4 hits were recorded.
Novhorod Siverskyi community – grenade launcher shelling, 10 hits were recorded.
- Three shells hit a residential house and civilian infrastructure.
- As a result of the shelling of Varavarivka and Malynivka, residential buildings, household facilities, and garages were damaged.
Agricultural machinery was also damaged in Varvarivka.
- As a result of the shelling, a supermarket building, an equestrian school, multi-story buildings, a pharmacy, shops, and a road surface were damaged.
- Russian forces shelled Posad-Pokrovske, Nova Zorya, Andriivka, Bila Krynytsya, Potomkyne, Topolyne, Knyazivka, Bilohirka and Orlove, and the villages of Novovorontsovka community.
- During the shelling of the town by Russian troops, the building of the “Central” auto repair station was destroyed. There was also a car wash, a department of “Nova Poshta”, a cafe and the office of the “Vilne Radio” radio station. According to the head of the Donetsk RMA, 1 person died, 2 were injured.
- The Russian army shelled Maryanske and Velyka Kostromka with cluster munitions, several dozen houses were damaged, and a 73-year-old man was injured. In Maryanske 2 agricultural buildings and several vehicles were damaged.
This was the free part of the military brief
Read the full text + all archives in the paid version.
In two weeks, the subscription price will be $50/month, subscribe now for $30. We give half of the money for the humanitarian needs of Ukrainians.
In a paid version:
- Civilian casualties
- Occupant’s casualties (est. from Ukrainian General Staff)
- War crimes in a de-ocupied territories
- Alternative loss estimates
- Data archive.
- Analytical charts: occupant losses, chart with known air raid alerts by region, known child deaths, diagram of known damage for Ukrainian infrastructure.