Polish ecotech startup ZNIKA raises €280k from LT Capital
16 August, 2022, 16:13
ZNIKA has raised €280,000 (PLN 1.3 million) in a funding round led by LT Capital and several angel investors. The startup produces ecological packaging for businesses to fight the plastic waste problem.
- Founded in 2021, ZNIKA produces and distributes ecological packaging and labels for businesses. The company uses compostable materials made of PLA, plant starch, cellulose, recycled and raw grass paper to make its packaging.
- This type of packaging can help companies to actively fight plastic pollution and reduce its carbon footprint, as well as improve the branding for eco-demanding customers.
- LT Capital led the funding round for ZNIKA. It is a Krakow-based seed fund that supports products and services providers that contribute to Industry 4.0 development. In July 2022, the fund joined the $1.5 million pre-seed round for Polish healthtech Labplus.
- Two business angels also participated in the funding, including founder of the K2 group Przemysław Żebrowski and founder of Eventory Andrzej Targosz.
- The investment will allow ZNIKA to expand its product offer, explore further business opportunities, as well as continue the R&D on compostable materials.
AIN.Capital has ranked 25 most active Polish VC funds, where LT Capital took first place. The fund made nine investments in H1 2022. Read the full report here: