Estonian GuestJoy acquired by SideMinder
The Estonian hospitality tech startup GuestJoy has been acquired by the Austrian company SideMinder. It is one of the world’s premier open hotel e-commerce platforms. The companies do not disclose the amount of the deal, Silicon Canals informs.
- Founded in 2014 by Alar Ülem and Annika Ülem, GuestJoy is an enabler of cloud-based tools to automate guest experience in hotels. It helps independent hotels to engage every guest visiting their hotel and convert it into business value.
- GuestJoy assists hotels in digitising, customising, and automating the guest interaction experience across the board. In 2021, GuestJoy’s customers were in 23 different countries across the Europe.
“GuestJoy’s capability to automate and personalise guest communications will allow SiteMinder to offer a fully integrated user experience for our hoteliers, as we continue to deliver on our hotel commerce platform vision,”Sankar Narayan, CEO and MD of SiteMinder, comments on the deal.
- SiteMinder is the leading force in the hospitality industry. Hotels in over 150 countries use the platform to promote, manage, and expand their operations. Before the pandemic, the company has generated more than $35 billion in hotel revenue.
- Thanks to the deal, SiteMinder will integrate GuestJoy’s solutions into its hotel commerce offering. It will help automate and digitise guest communication, as well as upsell revenues, and strengthen direct guest acquisition. Eventually, it will bring down customer acquisition costs and more profits.
- The acquisition will be completed this year, shortly after the launch of SiteMinder’s all-in-one hotel commerce platform in April.