Hungarian Craft secures €12.2M for its writing tool development
- Founded in 2019 by Balint Orosz, Craft develops a platform with a set of digital tools for managing and creating different types of documents. The product allows users to generate customized long emails, PDFs, Word documents among other formats, for all screen sizes, as well as to create shared spaces for the team work.
- In 2021, Craft Docs won a Mac App Of The Year award. Currently, it has over one million installs from customers in the US, UK, Japan, and Germany.
“Craft is a significant evolution in the world of docs. We enable our customers to create an entirely new type of document format, which is powerful, beautiful and shareable. Our $12.2m raise demonstrates the confidence in the quality and growth potential of Craft. The investment allows us to continue building out our team with the very best talent, which is a very strong position to be in,”Balint Orosz, founder and CEO at Craft, said.
- The Series B of funding follows an $8 million Series A round closed by Craft in April 2021. It was led by the current investors Creandum and InReach Ventures, with participation from the co-founder of Skyscanner Gareth Williams.
- According to Crunchbase, with the fresh funding, the total amount of investments in the company raised to $20.2 million.
- The company’s product solutions are available for individual and corporate use. Craft stated that its product is already widely used in the marketing, engineering and human resources field. The proceeds will support the company in further improving its products for iOS, Mac, Windows, and web, as well as to expand its business offering.