Estonian startup KOOS receives ＄4M from Wise co-founders
30 September, 2022, 11:00
The Tallinn-based SaaS platform KOOS has received a $4 million seed investment from one of Wise co-founders. The startup enables businesses to grow with their community, Tech Funding News reports.
- Founded in 2021 by Taavi Kotka, KOOS is a reward token platform to share the company future value with everybody. The platform allows to record every good deed by issuing tokens.
- These tokens make it effortless to share economic success in addition to saying “Thank you”. Thus, it enables businesses to grow with their community, turning stakeholders into co-owners.
- The $4M seed round was led by high-profile investors. Wise co-founder Taavet Hinrikus led the round, alongside participation from investors, including LocalGlobe, Tiny.vc, and Matt Clifford. Additionally, Taavet Hinrikus and Sten Tamkivi, Plural Platform co-founders, will join KOOS as advisors.
“KOOS has come up with a way to track the support of all stakeholders in a community or business, without having to give away equity. We anticipate that the platform KOOS is building will become an essential building block of many startups, funds, and communities including charities and NGOs,”Sten Tamkivi, adviser and Plural Platform co-founder, comments.
- This round follows the pre-seed round of $600,000 that the company raised from high-profile Estonian founders, too.
- With the fresh funding, KOOS will launch and build its presence in the UK and across Europe.