Ajax Systems introduces new products and updated app during its Special Event
On October 11, Ajax Systems, the Ukrainian security system manufacturer, held the fourth Special Event, an online presentation of new devices and software developments. This time, the company has unveiled new fire prevention products and devices lineup, and introduced improved design of its app. AIN.Capital highlights the details.
It is a professional indoor air quality monitor measuring CO2, temperature, and humidity levels. Packed with Swiss and Swedish sensors used in medical equipment, LifeQuality provides the most reliable data.
There is also something new for Ajax interfaces — charts in the app. Users see the current indicators, can view the history for several days, a week, a month, a year, and understand the dynamics of air quality. A light indicator instantly reports CO2 level on tapping the Ajax logo. It glows yellow, red, or purple if the concentration of carbon dioxide exceeds the norm.
LifeQuality will become available for order in Q4 2022.
With LightSwitch, the system users can control a wide range of illumination devices, both on-site and remotely, through Ajax apps. LightSwitch features a large touch-sensitive panel responsive to a tap or contactless activation — it is enough to put a hand at least 15 mm close to the device, and the light turns on.
Due to the soft LED backlight, it’s easy to do even in the dark. The sound and vibration of LightSwitch evoke positive emotions, bringing such a familiar feeling of mechanical switch.
LightSwitch will become available for order in Q4 2022.
Ajax Systems unveils WaterStop, a water shutoff valve with remote control. It helps to build a fully automated leak prevention system with professional security technology reliability. The device consists of a quality Bonomi valve and a powerful electric actuator that shuts off the water automatically by command from the Ajax app or a button pressed on-site.
The actuator works on batteries for up to 3 years while being able to shut off the water in a matter of seconds. A command to do this is delivered by the Jeweller radio protocol which has a communication range of up to 1,100 meters and features encryption, frequency hopping, and jamming detection.
WaterStop will become available for order in Q4 2022.
FireProtect 2 is a whole lineup of detectors, providing a wholly new level of technology in residential fire safety. Ajax developed a patented smoke chamber that is ultimately dustproof and impenetrable for insects. This means that there is no need to clean it regularly. Under the hood, the detector has a dual-spectrum optical sensor that can distinguish smoke from water steam.
The second sensor in the detector is the thermistor. It quickly distinguishes the temperature spike, which gives a significant advantage when synthetic materials burn. An extended version of the detector with an additional carbon monoxide sensor was presented as well. Both detectors have versions with replaceable or sealed batteries. The device works up to 7 years from a replaceable battery and at least 10 from a sealed one.
Ajax also developed separate versions without a smoke chamber, in a slightly smaller enclosure. Different versions: with a temperature sensor, with carbon monoxide sensor and with both these sensors.
Ajas Systems app updates
To align the Ajax security system app design with new devices, the product design team presented a new control tab for automation devices and announced future changes.
Now, the interface considers the structure of the human body, movements, and interaction context. This enables users to turn on the device so fast, not even glancing at the smartphone. In the new control tab, devices are sorted by pages, so users just need to swipe to the side — and the next batch of buttons is always there in the very same place.
New dark mode, improved fonts, cross-platform consistency, quick access to automation devices — get all this in Ajax apps by the end of this year.
Other vital announcements from Ajax System during the presentation included:
- The partner portal. To improve cooperation with partners, the company announced the partner portal on the Ajax website. The portal gives authorized Ajax partners access to partner programs, including training, marketing support and incentive systems. The partner portal will become available this autumn in the UK, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Scandinavian, and Benelux countries.
- Ajax-Ready label. The company presented Ajax Ready, a label for new independent products based on an Ajax security system. This is a whole new direction for partners who see more system applications and want to discover new vertical markets.
- PRO Desktop 3.4 update. To give company owners, installers, and operators an essential tool to work even more effectively, Ajax presented PRO Desktop update with new crucial functionality — the maintenance report. It allows having all the information on the security devices at a glance: the hub status, battery levels, communication status, and other critical parameters.
- Co-branded app for Ajax partners. Ajax believes in the synergy with partners, therefore, developed the co-branded app — an app for security companies who want to increase their brand awareness every day. Every time clients open the Ajax app, they interact with service providers. From the convenience perspective, clients have quick access to contacts and billing information. This replaces calls and payment reminders, as the company is directly connected with the client through the app.
- DIN Holder bracket to fix Relay or WallSwitch on a DIN rail and a new Socket Plus (type G) with arc fault protection.
You must be logged in to post a comment.