Serbian-founded medtech Index Health raises $6M
The Serbian medtech startup based in Miami, Index Health has raised $6 million in a seed round to expand its footprint in the USA. The round was co-led by LAUNCHub Ventures and Inovo Venture Partners, The Recursive reports.
- Founded in 2020 by Serbs Luka Ivicevic and Sir Gabriel Holbach, Index Health is a telemedicine company that develops fully personalized doctor and nutritionist led programs that help to diagnose health issues and plan to prevent diseases.
- Index Health claims that its data-driven approach is close to three times cheaper than prescription-based treatment of chronic diseases, saving $4,000 per year for its customers.
“One million members in 3 years is our target, and it is feasible, no question about that. The root-cause method proves its superior effectiveness to the ubiquitous prescription medicine. Our first cohort of test patients registered an 80% improvement via the root-cause method compared to what was tried before with chronic disease treatment,”Luka Ivicevic, co-founder and CEO of Index Health said.
- The fresh round was led by Bulgarian early-stage VC fund LAUNCHub Ventures, investing in CEE and SEE technology startups, and Poland-based Inovo Venture Partners.
- The company plans to spend part of the new funding on the recruitment of medical professionals, and engineering talent for product development.
- Index Health also aims to expand its operations launched in Florida to all 50 US states, and continue with certified laboratory partnerships in each state.