Polish vettech startup Wimba raises over €830k to enter the UK and US market
17 October, 2022, 11:44
- Founded by Franciszk Kosch, Grzegorz Kosch and Maciej Szczepański, Wimba produces a range of orthopedic 4d printed products for animals and the dedicated app. The startup is aimed to correct defects caused by degeneration, accidents, or congenital problems in a way that answers the dog’s particular needs.
- Wimba is currently operating on the Polish market, but it is actively expanding to the new ones. The startup is planning to enter the UK in November and to launch the sales in the US at the beginning of 2023.
- Wimba also will spend the proceeds on acquiring new customers and establishing partnerships with more than 1000 veterinary clinics next year.
- The investor Level2 Ventures was established in 2021 by Adam Rudowski and Piotr Pawłowski. The VC fund operates in the CEE region and focuses on technology startups in the areas of AI, blockchain, autonomous solutions, process automation and renewable energy.
- In September, Level2 Ventures took part in a €15 million round for the Swedish-Polish startup SunRoof that builds powerful 2-in-1 solar roofs that generate electricity. It also led the €2.2 million seed round for another Polish startup called DoxyChain, which develops a digital contract management system with all the actions secured by blockchain.