Geek Ventures participates in a $3.1M seed round for AI startup SportsVisio
Established by Ukrainian Vadim Rogovskiy and Belarusian Ihar Mahaniok, Geek Ventures venture capital fund participated in a $3.1 funding for the US startup SportsVisio. The round was led by Hyperplane Venture Capital, Sovereign’s Capital and a number of strategic investors also joined.
- Founded by Jason Syversen, SportsVisio develops an app that can automatically understand and track a wide variety of basketball analytics, using AI technology to capture accurate statistics and repostable highlights from real-time game footage.
- Geek Ventures was launched in December 2021 by the Belarusian angel investor Ihar Makhaniok and the founder of 3DLOOK company Vadim Rogovskiy. The fund is registered in the USA.
- The amount of Geek Ventures investment is not reported. However, as known to AIN.Capital, Geek Ventures usually invests up to $200,000 in the first round and may subsequently increase the amount of funding to $1 million in the following ones.
- Geek Ventures actively supports Ukrainian startups. During the 1.5 months of the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, it invested in four projects there — Competera, V-Art, Propertymate, and Spokk. As of April 2022, Geek Ventures has 7 Ukrainian startups in its portfolio from 20 projects totally.
- SportsVisio will spend the proceeds of scaling the company’s Computer Vision AI technology to automate statistics, analytics, and video highlights for sports, starting with basketball.