Geek Ventures participates in a $3.1M seed round for AI startup SportsVisio
18 October, 2022, 12:50
Established by Ukrainian Vadim Rogovskiy and Belarusian Ihar Mahaniok, Geek Ventures venture capital fund participated in a $3.1 funding for the US startup SportsVisio. The round was led by Hyperplane Venture Capital, Sovereign’s Capital and a number of strategic investors also joined.
- Founded by Jason Syversen, SportsVisio develops an app that can automatically understand and track a wide variety of basketball analytics, using AI technology to capture accurate statistics and repostable highlights from real-time game footage.
- Geek Ventures was launched in December 2021 by the Belarusian angel investor Ihar Makhaniok and the founder of 3DLOOK company Vadim Rogovskiy. The fund is registered in the USA.
- The amount of Geek Ventures investment is not reported. However, as known to AIN.Capital, Geek Ventures usually invests up to $200,000 in the first round and may subsequently increase the amount of funding to $1 million in the following ones.
- Geek Ventures actively supports Ukrainian startups. During the 1.5 months of the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, it invested in four projects there — Competera, V-Art, Propertymate, and Spokk. As of April 2022, Geek Ventures has 7 Ukrainian startups in its portfolio from 20 projects totally.
- SportsVisio will spend the proceeds of scaling the company’s Computer Vision AI technology to automate statistics, analytics, and video highlights for sports, starting with basketball.
You must be logged in to post a comment.