Polish edtech EduCat secures a pre-seed round from AIP Seed
19 October, 2022, 13:46
The Warsaw-based educational platform EduCat has secured an undisclosed pre-seed funding round from Polish AIP Seed. The fund will help with the startup’s further development and finding co-investors for the round, MamStartup reports.
- Founded in 2020 by Marek Hołówko and Nina Wieretiło, EduCat offers an educational platform that helps high schoolers to apply to universities. On the platform, students can connect with mentors and tutors who will help them prepare for studies, both in terms of content and administration.
- So far, EduCat has helped over 200 people (mainly from Poland, Ukraine and other EU countries) to send over 1,000 applications for universities around the world.
“We have invested in EduCat because it is one of the most promising and valuable industries in Poland, Europe, and the world. Already, the company’s solid revenues are very promising. At the same time, the impact and value that our projects bring to the market are of key importance to us. We also want to facilitate access to world-class education for the Poles and Europeans,”Dariusz Żuk, CEO of AIP Seed, comments on the investment.
- AIP Seed is the largest acceleration fund in Poland with 110+ investments made. The fund focuses on pre-seed and early-seed companies in the CEE region. In June 2022, it opened a €25 million fund, named AIP Seed 2.0, to back over 30 CEE startups annually.
- The companies do not disclose the exact amount of funding. But according to AIP Seed, its second fund can gives tickets of up to €250,000. Meaning, the round couldn’t exceed the set amount.
- EduCat’s team wants to use the fresh funds to strengthen their position in Poland, and at the same time start the foreign expansion. Their larger goal is to enable thousands of students to start world-class education every year.