Austrian organization Female Founders launches a €20M fund called Fund F
The Vienna-based organization Female Founders has launched €20 million Fund F to invest in pre-seed and seed startups with at least one female founder. The new fund has already raised €12.5 million from Raiffeisen-Landesbank Steiermark, Speedinvest, and Austria Wirtschaftsservice among others.
- Founded in 2016 by Lisa-Marie Fassl and Nina Woss, Female Founders is an Austrian organization, and community that aims to create equal opportunities for entrepreneurial women in the European tech and innovation ecosystem through accelerator and leadership programs, events and networking.
- The new Fund F by Female Founders, targeting €20 million, has already made its first close of €12.5 million to date. It will invest gender-diverse startups on the pre-seed and seed stages with at least one female founder.
- Fund F will focuses on companies with digital and scalable business models that have a positive impact on the world. Areas of focus include climate tech, femtech, healthtech, fintech, insurtech and HR tech.
- The Fund F plans to invest in 25-30 pre-seed and seed stage companies that have at least one female co-founder in the next four years. Initial ticket sizes will be between €100,000-€400,000.
- Funds F’s LP base includes entrepreneurs, angels, and family offices. The fund’s three cornerstone investors are the public investor Austria Wirtschaftsservice GmbH via its Venture Capital Initiative, the Austrian bank Raiffeisen Landesbank Steiermark, and Speedinvest, one of Europe’s most active seed-stage VC funds.