Finnish rental platform Bob W raises €21M in Series A
Bob W, a Helsinki and Tallinn-based hospitality provider, has raised €21 million during its Series A funding round. IDC Ventures, Elevator Ventures, Verve Ventures, and Flashpoint are the lead investors.
- Founded in 2018 by Niko Karstikko and Sebastian Emberger, Bob W develops a rental platform. It offers a smart and sustainable alternative to hotels and short-stay rentals. The startup claims to combine the consistent quality of hotels, as well as the authentic flair and affordability of a short-stay rental.
- The company operates in 4 markets in Europe today: Estonia, Finland, Spain, and the UK, with rapid expansion secured across the continent.
“Our goal is to use the funds to create a new industry benchmark for digital experience, and to support our explosive growth in new European markets beyond the UK, Spain, Finland and Estonia, where we currently operate,”
- The list of investors this round includes: IDC Ventures, Elevator Ventures, Verve Ventures, Flashpoint Venture Capital. Angel investors Tigrim & Gustav Sjöberg also participated in the round.
- In May 2022, Bob W acquired its Estonian competitor Estonishing Stay to expand its short-stay rental platform. As the result of the acquisition, Bob W was able to triple its coverage in Estonia.
- With the fresh funding, Bob W wants to expand its reach across Europe with over 20 new cities. The company’s main focus is entering the market in Germany.