Slovak Sandberg Capital acquires a stake in edtech Green Fox Academy
26 October, 2022, 15:35
The Bratislava-based investment firm Sandberg Capital has acquired a stake in the Hungarian edtech company Green Fox Academy through its Sandberg Investment Fund II. The companies do not disclose the amount of the deal.
- Founded in 2015 by Barbara Fazekas, Kristof Bardos, and Peter Langmar, Green Fox Academy provides online and offline courses for junior programmers and Salesforce specialists. The company focuses on retraining courses, additional education programs, and corporate training programs in the IT sector.
- Green Fox entered the Czech market in 2018, followed by Slovakia two years later. To date, since establishment, Green Fox has trained more than 4,000 IT specialists, and headquartered in Budapest, Prague, and Bratislava.
- Founded in 2014, Bratislava-based Sandberg Capital is a private equity firm. The company prefers to invest in IT, agriculture, retail, telecommunication, and education sector companies based in Slovakia and Czech Republic.
- The acquisition of a stake in Green Fox Academy is Sandberg Capital’s direct investment in Hungary. After the transaction, Sandberg Capital assumes the role of strategic investment partner in Green Fox Academy. The companies do not disclose the amount of the deal.
- The fresh deal will help to accelerate Green Fox Academy international expansion and to develop corporate services and courses.