Ukrainian-Polish startup Homsters is bought by Ringier AG, a Swiss company
04 November, 2022, 16:07
The Swiss media group Ringier AG has acquired Homsters, a startup founded by Ukrainian and Polish entrepreneurs. The company informs about this in the official announcement.
About the deal
- Ringier AG is a Swiss media group with a 180-year history and about 140 worldwide brands in its portfolio. In October 2019, it invested in Homsters together with angel investor Simon Baker, the head of CAV Investment Group and former CEO of Australia’s REA Group.
- The amount of the deal is not disclosed, but the deal is a complete buyout of the startup. Its CEO Dmytro Alexandrov will join the Ringier AG team.
About the startup
- Homsters is a project founded by Ukrainian entrepreneur Maria Ren and Polish entrepreneur Andrzej Olejnik. The company has offices in Singapore, Ukraine (Kyiv), and Kazakhstan. As of 2019, about 40 specialists worked in the Ukrainian office of Homsters. They were engaged in product development and data science research.
- The startup’s team is working on products and services related to the real estate market. Specifically, on marketplaces for those interested in buying a home. These services are aimed at converting online traffic into customers for developers and banks.
- In particular, the startup’s team is developing an AI recommendation engine for Homematch, which analyzes the user’s behavior and offers him new properties. The startup also operates a transaction service in Kazakhstan that helps sell up to 100 properties every month.