Slovakian foodtech Peelo raises a pre-seed round
04 November, 2022, 10:45
The Bratislava-based foodtech startup Peelo has raised an undisclosed pre-seed round to accelerate the company’s development. The round was co-led by Rockstart Agrifood and CB Investment Management.
- Founded in 2019 by Martina Ivanova and Tomas Bukoven, Peelo develops a peel wax packaging for food, made of certified cotton, natural resin and coconut and jojoba oil. The result is a sustainable and ecological product that can be used repeatedly, washed and composted.
- Peelo solution helps to reduce unnecessary disposable packaging and food waste in the home, which is often caused by improper storage. Since its launching, the company has acquired over 10,000 clients in Slovakia and Czech Republic.
- The fresh round was led by Rockstart, an early stage investor that empowers purpose-driven founders in energy, agrifood and emerging technologies. To date, Rockstart has invested in more than 300 startups, and its alumni value is more than $1 billion.
- Slovakian CB Investment Management fund, that co-led the round, focuses on fintech, agritech, healthtech, and ESG also participated.
- Peelo will use the investment to enter 4 new markets until the end of 2022 (Denmark, Netherlands, Poland, and Hungary), further develop the products, and hire new team members in order to rapidly grow.