Finnish Maki.vc participates in a €3.3M round for KYC software startup Strise
08 November, 2022, 09:58
The Helsinki-based seed-stage VC firm Maki.vc participated in a €3.3M round for Norwegian software startup Strise. The round was led by Curiosity, new investors Sondo Capital and Likeminded also joined.
- Founded in 2016 by Marit Rodevand, Sigve Sorasen, and Patrick Skjennum, Strise is an Oslo-based technology company that offers financial institutions a KYC intelligence and workflow system to screen and onboard business customers and continuously monitor them throughout the customer life cycle to comply with anti-money laundering and sanction laws.
- The Dutch venture capital fund Curiosity led the round, with the participation of existing investor Maki.vc, and new investors Sondo Capital and Likeminded.
- Founded in 2018 Ilkka Kivimaki and Pirkka Palomak, Maki.vc is a seed-stage VC firm headquartered in Helsinki. It seeks to invest in deeptech, commercial products, commercial services, consumer food products, healthcare technology systems, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and technology sectors. The fund usually invests from €200,000 to €2 million.
- According AIN.Capital, Maki.vc is among the most active Finnish VC funds.
- Strise will use the investments to accelerate international growth across Europe, to develop its upcoming product, “Strise Connect”. Additionally, the company will further strengthen its partnership program.