PFR School of Pioneers awards three Polish healthtech startups with a total of €25k
08 November, 2022, 11:45
PFR and Allegro has chosen to award three Polish healthtech startups as part of its program PFR School of Pioneers. The winners Ensigo, Emote, and Micronose shared the funding pool of nearly €25,000.
- Launched in 2018, PFR School of Pioneers is an international educational program dedicated to first-time entrepreneurs and technological visionaries motivated to create innovative, sustainable projects. This year’s PFR School of Pioneers focused on solutions in two main categories: healthtech and climatetech.
- In September, 50 participants were selected to participate in two weeks of intensive workshops, creating the first outlines of the projects. The Final Gala took place on November 4 at Google Campus in Warsaw, where a total of 8 teams presented themselves. Three managed to receive top places:
- The jury awarded the first place to Ensigo, a startup creating high-quality home testing for male fertility. The solution uses Artificial Intelligence. The startup won PLN 50,000.
- The second place was taken by Emote, which created and patented a diagnostic test to assess the effectiveness of drug therapy used in patients struggling with depression. It received PLN 30,000.
- The third place went to Micronose, a personalized antiallergic therapy based on biotherapeutics and the patient’s microbiome. The startup also raised PLN 30,000.
- Apart from the shared pool of €25,000 (PLN 110,000), the finalists will have the opportunity to further develop their ideas during their participation in a foreign business and training trip to Helsinki.