PFR School of Pioneers awards three Polish healthtech startups with a total of €25k
08 November, 2022, 11:45
- Launched in 2018, PFR School of Pioneers is an international educational program dedicated to first-time entrepreneurs and technological visionaries motivated to create innovative, sustainable projects. This year’s PFR School of Pioneers focused on solutions in two main categories: healthtech and climatetech.
- In September, 50 participants were selected to participate in two weeks of intensive workshops, creating the first outlines of the projects. The Final Gala took place on November 4 at Google Campus in Warsaw, where a total of 8 teams presented themselves. Three managed to receive top places:
- The jury awarded the first place to Ensigo, a startup creating high-quality home testing for male fertility. The solution uses Artificial Intelligence. The startup won PLN 50,000.
- The second place was taken by Emote, which created and patented a diagnostic test to assess the effectiveness of drug therapy used in patients struggling with depression. It received PLN 30,000.
- The third place went to Micronose, a personalized antiallergic therapy based on biotherapeutics and the patient’s microbiome. The startup also raised PLN 30,000.
- Apart from the shared pool of €25,000 (PLN 110,000), the finalists will have the opportunity to further develop their ideas during their participation in a foreign business and training trip to Helsinki.