Czech DataOps startup Keboola raises $4.5M in a seed round
22 November, 2022, 17:01
The Prague-based data-platform-as-a-service company Keboola has raised $4.5 million in a seed round to accelerate its growth. The investment was led by Presto Ventures, Tech Funding News informs.
- Established in 2017 by Petr Simecek and Milan Veverka, Keboola develops a cloud-based data preparation platform built on Snowflake that enables clients to capture, analyze, and surface crucial information for their internal analytics projects and data products.
- Keboola provides its solution for different companies from diverse fields such as retail, e-commerce, marketing, financial services, and hospitality. Among its clients are RBI, DXC, ProductBoard, Mall Group, Rohlik Group.
“We believe in the potential of data and AI to fundamentally transform any business. But this requires tons of time and money to build and maintain infrastructure. Today, only Amazon, Google and a handful of other companies are really able to make the most of their data. We want to unlock the data opportunity for all others,”Pavel Dolezal, co-founder and CEO of Keboola, said.
- The round was led by Prague-based early-stage venture capital investment company Presto Ventures, empowering CEE startup founders. Its ticket size can range up to €3 million, and, according to the firm, it stays committed to follow-on rounds. In July 2022 Presto Ventures has launched Fund II, valued at €30 million.
- Czech sector agnostic VC firm Reflex Capital and some angel investors also joined the round.
- Keboola will use the fresh investment to scale into Europe and North America, and achieve an annual subscription revenue of more than $8 million in 2022. Also, the startup plans to double its revenues in 2023.