Carmaker Stellantis acquires aiMotive, Hungarian AI and autonomous driving software developer
30 November, 2022, 09:32
- Founded in 2015 by Laszlo Kishonti, aiMotive develops a software, tools, and hardware products complemented by proprietary data management tools, enabling customers to rapidly develop and deploy production automated driving features. It helps to reduce development costs and timescales.
- aiMotive’s technology product portfolio is focused on four key areas within artificial intelligence and autonomous driving:
- aiDrive: Embedded software stack for autonomous driving,
- aiData: Artificial intelligence operations and data tooling,
- aiWare: Expertise and intellectual property for silicon microchips,
- aiSim: Software simulation for development of autonomous driving.
- The startup has offices in Germany, the United States, and Japan, with over 200 employees worldwide.
- Stellantis is one of the world’s leading automakers, and a mobility provider. Among its brands are Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Chrysler, Citroën, Dodge, DS Automobiles, Fiat, Jeep, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot, Ram, Vauxhall, Free2move, and Leasys.
- This acquisition will enhance Stellantis’ artificial intelligence and autonomous driving core technology, expand its global talent pool, and boost the midterm development of the all-new STLA AutoDrive platform.
- aiMotive will operate as a subsidiary of Stellantis, maintaining its operational independence and startup culture. Founder László Kishonti will remain as CEO. It will continue selling three areas of its current technology product portfolio, including aiData, aiSim and aiWare, to other partners.