Austrian foodtech Orderlion acquires French startup Supli
The Vienna-based food supply chain startup Orderlion has acquired Supli, the Paris-based startup that specializes in streamlining and optimizing food supply chains. The amount of the deal was not disclosed, EU-Startups informs.
- Founded in 2018 by Patrick Schubert and Stefan Strohmer, Orderlion develops an app providing food and beverage wholesalers and suppliers the tools they need to digitize their business, meanwhile helping clients to reduce their food loss in the supply chain.
- In November 2022 Orderlion raised $4 million in a pre-Series A round for its international expansion, growing the team, and extending the company’s product line-up.
- Supli is a B2B food marketplace connecting restaurant owners and suppliers in their business process. It was founded in 2018 by Romain Rousselet and Antoine Gutierrez with the aim to support food supply chain businesses to become more efficient and sustainable.
- The deal will enable Orderlion to roll out its SaaS platform across France and accelerate its international growth.
“The acquisition of Supli is an important step in our strategy to expand our presence in Europe. Supli has developed very innovative solutions that are complementary to our own offering, and we look forward to working with them to bring these benefits to more businesses across France,”Stefan Strohmer, CEO of Orderlion comments the acquisition.
- As part of the deal, existing Supli customers are switched over and onboarded to Orderlion’s platform. All Supli employees and two founders, who previously lived and worked in Paris and New York in the consulting industry, are now joining Orderlion.