German fintech Tapline raises €31.7M from leading UK and CEE funds
The Germany-based digital finance platform Tapline has raised €31.7 million in a pre-seed round to enhance its solution and make key hires. The round was co-led by the UK Fasanara Capital and Czech firm V-Sharp Venture Studio.
- Founded in 2021 by Germans Dean Hastie, Dmitrij Miller, and Bulgarian Peter Grouev, Tapline develops a SaaS funding platform that allows for swift onboarding, provides clients with a proprietary tech-enabled credit score, and a free financial dashboard to monitor various metrics of users’ businesses daily.
- Tapline is focused on B2B and B2C business models, especially in the DACH and fast-growth CEE market. The platform can deploy capital in less than 48 hours after client onboarding. To date, Tapline has made €100 million in SaaS finance requests and has accomplished 100% successful pilot trades.
“Ultimately, we can provide a quick, transparent, and non-dilutive capital solution to founders, so they can continue to focus on what they do best: building innovative businesses. During the current economic uncertainty, our platform will allow SaaS companies to continue focusing on growth,”says Dean Hastie, сo-founder and CEO.
- The UK-based hedge fund and technology platform Fasanara Capital provides debt funding of €30 million in the fresh round. The €1.7m equity round is led by the Czech VC firm V-Sharp Venture Studio, that focuses on early stage startups in logistics, e-commerce, and fintech.
- In this round also participated one of the most active Czech VC fund Depo Ventures and Slovak 365.fintech due to AIN.Capital. Antler, Black Pearls VC, Impetus Capital, and several business angels also joined.
- Tapline will spend the fresh investment to increase sales and marketing efforts, accelerate product development by hiring people for key product positions, and to tap into the exponentially growing SaaS market.