Overview of IT salaries in Polish startups: up to $9,300 per month for seniors
14 December, 2022, 15:36
The Warsaw-based VC fund bValue has created a report on the Polish startup labor market and salaries of IT specialists in the startup sector in Q3 2022. The research is based on the data from 4,418 job offers published on Just Join IT, a Polish online service for finding IT-related jobs, from April 2022 to September 2022. AIN.Capital selected the most interesting insights.
All salaries are given in dollars per month after taxes and fees.
- The number of job offers for IT positions in Polish startups increased in Q3 of 2022 by 54% compared to the previous quarter. It means that the Polish startup ecosystem continues to develop intensively.
The median salary of IT specialists in Polish startups amounted to:
- Over $1,700 (7,500 PLN) for juniors per month.
- Interestingly, 10% of the highest offers for juniors decreased from almost $3,000 (13,000 PLN) to over $2,300 (10,369 PLN), which means that companies stopped offering high salaries for the less experienced specialists. It highlights a positive trend in the IT market, and a certain stabilization of remuneration in relation to the competence and experience of employees, the report says.
- Five percent of job openings offer to programmers at junior level more than $2,500 (11,188 PLN).
- Over $3,400 (15,000 PLN) for mid-level programmers.
- The report’s data shows that the rates for mid-level specialists increased by about 10% in every range, as well as increased the number of job offers for them. It demonstrates the growing role of employees at mid-level for startups in Poland.
- More than $5,300 (23,500 PLN) is offered for middles in 5% of all job openings.
- More than $5,400 (24,000 PLN) for seniors. Some programmers at this level can earn over $9,300 (40,950 PLN) per month.
- The decline in popularity was recorded by the PHP language, which may be due to the growing interest in other backend technologies, such as Python, Java or NET. At the same time, there are visible increases in the number of recruitments in the architecture of cloud solutions and more niche technologies.
- The highest average salary is offered to Security and DevOps specialists, while a slight decrease in the remuneration of programmers building a cloud architecture was noticeable. Scala experts took the third places on the salary scale.
- The rarest expertise the startups require are security, gaming and HTML.
You must be logged in to post a comment.