In Poland, ICLUB launches a community for investing in startups
Ukrainian private investor club ICLUB opened up its official representative in Warsaw, thus allowing anyone in Poland to invest in startups with Ukrainian venture fund TA Ventures and other club members. The minimum investment amount in a startup is set to $10,000.
The main goal of the club is to popularize venture investments across a broad number of common folks, AIN.Capital was told.
- Founded in 2018 by TA Ventures, ICLUB is an international network of private investors in startups. The community allows investing in technological and high-growth companies of Europe and North America that have passed the TA Ventures fund’s due diligence and were included in its portfolio.
- Thanks to this approach, private investors with no experience in VC significantly reduce the risk when building their portfolios. ICLUB makes the investment process quick and convenient, as it claims.
“VC remains a real exotic. On the other hand, we want to democratize this process by making it accessible to newcomers. Even if you know little about startups and investment in general, the club is your one-way-to-go solution,”says ICLUB Poland Director Anna Magiera.
- To date, ICLUB has over 300 members, who took part in more than 60 deals and made five exits. In particular:
- Impress (Spain). Developer of orthodontic technology that offers invisible aligners. Partial exit in less than a year and a half.
- Bipi (Spain). Car subscription service. It was bought by a division of Renault Group — RCI Bank and Services. Exit after 11 months.
- Finimize (UK). An information platform for investors with its own community. It was bought by Abrdn. Exit similarly in 11 months.
- Xometry (USA). Custom industrial parts market. IPO in a year and a half from the moment of investment.
- Vochi (Belarus). A video editing app. The company was bought by Pinterest less than a year after the investment.
- The amount invested by ICLUB since its launch in 2018 has exceeded $30 million, while the income from the exits approached a tangible $10 million.
- The club’s offices operate in Ukraine, the UK, Switzerland, Monaco, Poland, Kazakhstan, and Cyprus.