Geek Ventures invests in Nomad Data during $3.2M seed round
Venture capital fund Geek Ventures has invested in Nomad Data, the data relationship management and discovery platform. The company announced the closing of $3.2 million seed funding round, led by Struck Capital. The amount of the exact investment from Geek Ventures is not disclosed.
- Founded in 2020 by Brad Schneider, Nomad Data is an American big data company. It’s DRM lets users track all interactions and relationships around data, internal and external, just like a customer relationship management platform. It’s Enterprise Data Discovery platform connects users to the appropriate data in minutes, with designated reviewers triaging requests to existing datasets.
- Along with the seed round, Nomad Data announced the launch of two new solutions to help enterprises manage and discover data more broadly across their organization. These include Data Relationship Management (DRM) and the Enterprise Data Discovery.
- The amount of investment made by Geek Ventures is not disclosed. However, the fund invests up to $200,000 with the first ticket and can later raise up to $1 million per company in subsequent rounds.
- The Geek Ventures fund was launched in December 2021 by the Belarusian angel investor Ihar Mahaniok and the founder of 3DLOOK, Vadym Rogovskyi. The fund is registered in the USA. Currently, it has 20 startups in its portfolio.
- Apart from Geek Ventures, other funds supported the round. The US-based fund Struck Capital is the lead investor. TenOneTen, Bloomberg Beta, Correlation Ventures, Flair Ventures, Mike Montero, Alumni Venture Group, and Firat Isbecer, the CEO of Commencis, also participated in the funding.
“This fundraise will allow us to grow our team substantially and build more product to meet the insatiable demand of large businesses needing software to become data driven,”Brad Schneider, Nomad Data CEO, shares about the future plans.
“I am happy to share that Geek Ventures has invested in NomadData, the data relationship management and discovery platform. Data-driven decision-making is a core approach this decade, and Nomad Data is the company enabling it. The team behind Nomad Data is an excellent example of a perfect founder-market fit: the founders have extensive experience trading and managing data. Feedback from current customers is superlative, and the list of customer logos would be impressive for any Series A/B startup!”Ihar Mahaniok comments on the deal.