Polish medtech startup Prosoma raises ＄3.2M
22 December, 2022, 16:43
The Szczecin-based medical company that provides digital therapeutics solutions for cancer treatment Prosoma has raised ＄3.2 million for commercialization and further product development. The round was co-led by YouNick Mint and Simpact Ventures.
- Launched in 2017 by Andrzej Jonczyk, Ema Kufel, Marek Ostrowski, and Piotr Grudzinski Prosoma develops a portfolio of digital therapeutics medical software products that cover the entirety of behavioral treatment needs of cancer patients. The platform includes symptoms and treatment support, psycho-social and behavioral support.
- The startup helps patients deal with difficult emotions and stress, build healthy habits and better understand the treatment and recovery process.
- Prosoma partners with organizations for the clinical trials and large scale commercial partners in the USA and Germany, among them are Accelerate Cambridge, Incredibles, MemorialCare, and the HealthHub at the University of California.
“In the middle of next year, we plan to close round A in the amount of EUR 7-8 million. We will use it mainly to complete the FDA reimbursement path in the United States and to scale sales in Germany. We are also counting on Poland. The Ministry of Health declares that within two years it will be possible to implement the Prosoma application in the healthcare system,”says Marek Ostrowski, CEO of Prosoma.
- The fresh round was co-led by Polish VC funds YouNick Mint that targets on innovative technologies in healthcare, digital healthcare, industry 4.0, and Simpact Ventures that recently has closed its second €21 million fund, aiming at projects with positive impact, AIN.Capital reports.
- RST Ventures for Earth, Pomerangels funds, and several private angels also participated.
- Prosoma will spend the investment to develop products by implementing solutions based on artificial intelligence and build extensive cooperation with pharmaceutical companies.