Romanian pet tech Digitail raises $11M for the further global expansion
Romanian all-in-one cloud veterinary software Digitail has raised $11 million in a Series A funding round, AIN.Capital was told. The investments were led by the London-based venture capital firm Atomico, along with exciting investors byFounders, Gradient, and Partech.
- Founded in 2018 by Sebastian Gabor and Ruxandra Pui, Digitail develops a platform that serves both veterinarians and pet parents. The startup’s solution digitizes the administrative tasks of animal hospitals, from scheduling and record keeping to inventory management, invoicing, and client communication.
- At the same time, Digitail allows pet owners to get medical summaries directly to its app, as well as communicate directly with their veterinarian in just a few clicks, where records and feedback can be easily tracked by both parties.
“Consumer demand for petcare has grown tremendously — but the systems vets rely on to deliver care are not fit for purpose: they’re outdated, they most often still run on local servers in the clinic, and are built without the pet owner in mind. Digitail’s solution is so powerful because it addresses all these challenges: it’s cloud-first, and it covers absolutely all workflows end-to-end in the clinic, and in collaboration with the pet owners — from simple vaccine reminders to more sophisticated health records and inventory management,”said Atomico principal Andreas Helbig.
- Digitail works with over 750 clinics worldwide, serving around 1.4 million pets. According to the startup, its solution helps to reduce administrative burden by 40-60%, equivalent to around 3 days per month of admin at a typical vet clinic in the US.
- The fresh investment was led by an international investment firm, headquartered in the UK Atomico which focuses on helping disruptive technology companies scale globally. It specializes in seed, Series A, early venture, mid-venture, late venture, emerging growth, and growth capital investments. To date, Atomico has partnered with over 100 ambitious teams, including Klarna, Supercell, Graphcore, Compass, MessageBird, Masterclass, Attentive Mobile, Pipedrive, and Hinge Health.
- Digitail will use the proceeds to further scale operations across US and Canada and continue its global expansion. The Series A funding will also allow Digitail to expand its product depth and feature range, further deepening the collaborative nature of its all-in-one platform.