Austrian startup Hi.health raises €6M in a pre-seed round
Vienna-based healthcare billing app developer Hi.health has raised €6 million in a pre-seed funding round. Austrian investors Speedinvest and Calm/Storm, as well as Haymarker Ventures, Fin VC, and Nina Capital, backed the startup, Startbase informs.
- Founded in July 2019 by Fredrik Debong and Sebastian Gruber, Hi.health is the contemporary approach to digitally organized personal healthcare. It offers people with private health insurance convenient and safe access to health care billing via an app.
- Users can easily submit their invoices digitally and hi.health takes care of further processing, billing, and customer service. Additionally, purchases in selected online stores such as pharmacies can also be processed via the app.
- The Austrian investors Speedinvest and Calm/Storm Ventures supported the startup. Speedinvest is a venture capital fund focusing on pre-seed, seed, and early-stage startups. In December 2022, the fund raised €500 million to back the European tech sector. Calm/Storm is the most prominent super-early-stage digital health fund in Europe with a strong focus on female-led businesses.
- Other non-local funds also participated, including the international Haymarker Ventures, Fin VC from the US, and Nina Capital from Spain.
- Hi.health plans to use the fresh funding, to hire more employees. Currently, 17 people are already part of the team. In addition, the capital will allow for the product to improve and expand.