Polish Orlen VC led the investment for French logistic company Shippeo
16 January, 2023, 13:12
The Paris-based SaaS platform Shippeo which provides supply chain visibility has received an undisclosed amount of investment from Polish Orlen VC, the corporate venture arm of PKN Orlen.
- Founded in 2014 by Pierre Khoury, Lucien Besse, Brice Hua, David Barre, and Thibaut Morlot Shippeo helps supply chains leverage transportation to deliver exceptional customer service. Its real-time transport visibility platform provides shippers, carriers, and 4PLs instant tracking of every delivery, and enables proactive communication with end customers.
- Shippeo claims it tracks over 28 million shipments per year across 92 countries. Among its clients are such global brands as Coca-Cola HBC, Carrefour, Renault Group, Schneider Electric, Total, Faurecia, Saint-Gobain, and Eckes Granini.
- It is the fifth and largest direct investment of the corporate fund Orlen VC, owned by PKN Orlen. ORLEN VC supports technology companies in sectors such as petrochemicals, power generation, circular economy, modern retail business, software, and IOT at early stages of growth or expansion, engaged in developing cutting-edge products or services fitting in with the ORLEN2030 strategy.
- The PKN Orlen Group manages refineries in Poland, the Czech Republic, and Lithuania, conducts retail operations in Central Europe, mining operations in Poland, Norway, Canada, and Pakistan, as well as energy production, including renewable energy sources, and natural gas distribution. As part of building a multi-energy concern, the company finalized the acquisitions of Energa, Grupa Lotos, and PGNiG. Its consolidated sales revenues reached PLN 131.5 billion in 2021.
- The amount of investment is not disclosed. It is known that the funds will help to further develop Shippeo’s platform.