Ventures Thrive, a new accelerator for deeptech startups from CEE, is launched
16 January, 2023, 18:11
The Wolves Summit, venture builder Acceler8, and venture studio Anthology Ventures announced the launch of the Ventures Thrive accelerator program, mainly focusing on CEE startup ecosystems. The program will help to scale business and address the world’s most pressing climate tech problems with mentoring, corporate connections, and fundraising.
- Ventures Thrive is one of the first pan-European deeptech venture builders that is committed to improving opportunities for startups with solutions in big data, AI, blockchain, IoT, biotech that are addressing some of the world’s most pressing problems. The program targets on product, service, and technology that has passed the MVP stage (TRL-6, technology demonstrated in a relevant environment).
- Funded by the European Innovation Council, the €1.5 million grant will be deployed over two years to invest in up to 32 startups from CEE and widening countries (such as Malta, Portugal, and Georgia).
- Startups can apply to the program by February 2023. The program starts on April 2023. Each accepted startup is eligible for up to €100,000 in cash and services.
- During an 8-month program, startups will get access to a global network of mentors, corporate partners, industry experts, and investors from over 20 countries, connections to the leading corporates in the industry for pilot projects, and partnership opportunities. Also, startups will get legal, finance, go-to-market masterclasses and assistance in identifying and applying for R&D grants to help mature the technology stack with non-dilutive funding.
- In October 2023 will be a Demo Day to celebrate startups’ achievements during the program in front of hundreds of investors, corporates, mentors, and press attendees. Prizes will be awarded to the top three startups.