Estonian sustainable investing platform Grünfin raises €2M
Tallinn-based green investment platform Grünfin has raised €2 million to expand its product range for companies that want to invest in a sustainable future. The investment round was led by existing investors Norrsken VC, Specialist VC, Lemonade Stand, with participation from other angel investors.
- Launched in 2020, Grünfin offers a retail investment platform for funds with positive environmental, social, and governance factors. Grünfin’s solution adds another distribution model, allowing companies to invest in a sustainable future through their activities, allowing them to provide value-based and personalized benefits to their staff.
- Grünfin claims that it will offer customers to choose between an environmental, equality, or health-themed investment portfolio, set up a monthly payment, and a time goal for the investment. The startup provides a way to start investing in a secure, informed, and employer-supported way.
“Financial independence and sustainability are important keywords for the new generation. Grünfin’s new product is designed for innovative and forward-thinking companies wanting to meet this demand,”Triin Hertmann, co-founder of Grünfin comments.
- The fresh round was co-led by existing investors Norrsken VC, one of Europe’s largest impact tech funds, an Estonian Specialist VC that supports forward-thinking founders from Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, and Ukraine in B2B, SaaS, fintech, software, and deep tech, and Lemonade Stand, focusing on early-stage tech investments in the Baltic and East European founders.
- The company’s founders Triin Hertmann, Alvar Lumberg, and Karin Nemec along with new investors including Sie Ventures and HoneyBadger VC also joined the round.
- Grünfin will spend the investment to expand its product range with a new investment plan that helps employers keep their talent by offering sustainable financial independence to employees.