Astound Commerce lays off 15% of the team. This also affects offices in Ukraine
The IT company Astound Commerce, which has many development centers in Ukraine, is undergoing layoffs. As the company informed AIN.Capital, these will cover about 15% of the company’s employees both in Ukraine and in other countries where Astound Commerce is present.
As the company explained, the reductions are related to the situation in the global economy, which has led to large-scale reductions in Big Tech companies around the world.
“As a result of economic changes in the marketplace, Astound Commerce has adjusted its headcount to ensure future growth. This has impacted less than 15% of our workforce, both inside and outside Ukraine. We are now well set up for success in 2023, with resources aligned to support new and ongoing practices and services for our clients,”Astound Commerce representative Blair Campbell told AIN.Capital’s editor.
- According to the website, Astound Commerce employs a total of more than 1,600 people. Thus, the reduction will affect about 240 employees.
- Meanwhile, as AIN.Capital learned the cuts in the Ukrainian office have been going on since the fall. When preparing for the rating of the 20 largest outsourcing companies of Ukraine, which the AIN.Capital team began to compile in October, the company refused to provide figures on the number of employees. Insiders in the market reported at the time that this was due to the team’s downsizing.
- The Telegram channel “Overheard in IT” writes about the reduction of almost 400 people in the Ukrainian team over the past few months, but at the moment we cannot confirm or deny this information.
- The editor of AIN.Capital also interviewed several employees of Astound Commerce about the reduction and received affirmative answers, but without exact figures.
- Astound Commerce is an international private digital commerce agency headquartered in San Francisco. The company has offices in London and Munich, as well as software development centers in Bulgaria, Colombia, Slovakia, and in five cities in Ukraine: Kyiv, Chernihiv, Vinnytsia, Uzhgorod, and Lutsk.
- There are currently no vacancies at any Astound Commerce location on the company’s website.
Why is this interesting?
The situation is not unique to Astound Commerce. Cuts are happening all over Big Tech. In particular, a wave of layoffs has already swept through such companies as Google, Vimeo, Intel, and others. This affected, in particular, the Ukrainian employees of these companies.