V4Region Up Innobooster: new acceleration program for V4 and Ukrainian startups
Wolves Summit announced the launch of a new 4-week online accelerator program for startups from Visegrad 4 bloc, namely Poland, the Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia, and Ukraine called V4Region Up Innobooster. It is aimed to help Ukrainian startups affected by the war relocate, as well as to support founders from V4 who want to assist with Ukraine’s reconstruction.
- The project is co-financed by the Governments of the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe. The fund fosters the development of civil society by financing joint grant projects and by awarding university scholarships and artist residencies. The fund’s annual budget of €8 million consists of equal contributions by the V4 governments.
- V4Region Up Innobooster accelerates 15 tech startups from the V4 and Ukraine that solve the most pressing and acute challenges in such fields as education, ER, mental health, energy (production & storage), clean re-building, and environmental restoration. The accelerator focuses on post MVP businesses that are ready to scale with a minimum team of three.
- Startups can apply to the program by March 19, 2023. The program starts on April 10 with 6 online workshops from top-notch presenters on international expansion and with two mentoring sessions:
- The Challenges of International Market Entry
- Competitive Analysis and Sources of Competitive Advantage
- B2B Sales Prospecting
- Marketing, Communication, and Messaging
- Fundraising – Understanding the VC World
- Building a Pitch Deck & Pitching Techniques
- In May 2023 will be an Internal Demo Day, a discussion panel will offer insights and conversation about the future state of Ukraine’s tech ecosystem. Founders will pitch to a jury and audience comprised of investors, corporates, and tech enthusiasts, as part of Wolves Summit’s 17th flagship in-person event in Wrocław, Poland.
- The program is also supported by ISE Corporate Accelerator, which focuses on Ukrainian startups, Startup Campus, which provides programs and services for innovative businesses beyond the market entry in Hungary, Germany, and the UK, and DEX Innovation Centre, operating multiple initiatives and stakeholder group connectors in the Czech health innovation ecosystem.