Polish e-commerce startup noo.ma secures the first major round from bValue
24 February, 2023, 13:56
Poznan-based furniture e-commerce startup noo.ma has secured its first major funding round led by bValue, one of the most active funds in Poland. The companies do not disclose the investment details yet. So far, noo.ma has grown exclusively using its own money, My Company Polska reports.
- Founded in 2017 by Damian Goliński and Cyprian Bieniarz, noo.ma develops a marketplace that designs and sells next-generation furniture using innovative technologies. Thanks to its wide range of furniture and accessories for residential and commercial interiors, it is currently one of the fastest-growing interior design brands in Europe.
- According to the company, in five years it achieved a net income of approximately €7.5 million (PLN 35 million). So far, it has delivered products to over 40,000 retail and business customers in 20 countries.
“We are excited about this new development path for noo.ma, which has been bootstrapped so far. We see a huge potential of this cooperation, not only because of new brand development opportunities, but also because together with bValue we have a very consistent perception of business in many fields,”Damian Goliński, CEO and co-founder of noo.ma, commets.
- The bValue Fund is the first investor in noo.ma. It is a Polish company managing venture capital and private equity funds and investing in technology companies in Central and Eastern Europe. Apart from funding, bValue also offers a unique combination of strategic and operational support.
- Currently, the company manages two funds, including the growth equity fund worth €100 million and the early-stage fund worth €20 million. The fund usually provides a check ranging from €100,000 to €1 million. So far, it has invested in over 35 companies.
- The fresh funds invested by bValue will be used to expand noo.ma’s team, development of the product offer, significant increase in inventory, launch sales in the USA, and launch stationary sales.