Polish fund Unfold.vc invests in Wally Health during its $3M round
Wroclaw-based venture capital fund Unfold.vc has invested in Wally Health, an American healthtech startup. With participation from several US-based VCs, the funding round amounted to $3 million, My Company Polska reports.
- Unfold.vc is a venture capital fund operating since 2008. The fund is based in Wrocław and listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange. It focuses on financial support for technological projects with high growth potential.
- The fund invests during various stages of development: pre-seed, seed, or later stages, as well as buying shares and stocks. Its portfolio includes companies like Timecamp, Brand24, Sundose, Infermedica, Primetric, Poley.me, PixelRace, Exit Plan Games, Giblib, and neurocare group.
- After the round, Wally Health became another portfolio company for Unfold.vc.
“This is an investment influenced by many factors, even those listed in VC textbooks. Experienced founders, great traction, a company growing by several dozen percent month to month, a huge dental market in the United States, and a real problem related to the health sector in the USA. The dental segment, which is somewhat dormant there, needs innovation,”Rafał Sobczak, managing partner at Unfold.vc, comments.
- Wally Health is a New York-based startup that specializes in creating modern dental offices that offer 24/7 dental services in a subscription model. The startup was founded in 2020 by Tyler Burnett, Stipe Latkowic, and Chelsea Patel.
- Several other funds also participated in the funding. The list includes Bling Capital and GFR Fund from the United States, Myelin VC from Spain, and private investor Jack Abraham, head of the American Atomic.vc.
- The startup will use the fresh capital to develop a network of modern dental clinics and to strengthen its staff, both dentists and hygienists.