INNO launches LevelUP, a health and life sciences accelerator in Romania
INNO, the North-West Regional Development Agency’s department, announced the launch of the first accelerator in Romania focused on health and life sciences startups, LevelUP. The accelerator aims to offer expert assistance to teams looking to hasten the commercialization, validation, promotion, and sales of their solutions, obtain authorizations, or access funding sources.
- Startups can apply through the form on INNO’s website. The application deadline is April 2, 2023.
- Founded in 2019, INNO contributes to the regional development of the North-West region of Romania by offering a variety of tools meant to encourage research and tech transfer such as a Regional Innovation and Entrepreneurship Portfolio, Open Innovation Challenges, and a lengthy database of resources in the Knowledge Hub section.
- The accelerator will take place in Cluj-Napoca and targets on startups in the fields of life sciences and health. The program will consist of over ten meetings spread over a period of six months, with the possibility of attending online. Early-stage startups that are registered with the Trade Registry and teams with just a prototype may apply to the acceleration program.
- During the program, startups will work with the accelerator’s specialists to develop their personal plans. Based on this plan, startups will conduct specific activities using the resources provided in the accelerator to validate the business hypotheses underlying their solutions and get closer to their objectives.
- The bi-monthly meetings will provide an opportunity for entrepreneurs to share the results of their activities, as well as the lessons they have learned from regional and international experts who will provide critical feedback. Each startup will receive support in the amount of €8,000, provided by INNO and EIT Health.
- Among the program’s partners are the Iuliu Hațieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy Cluj-Napoca, the University of Agricultural Sciences and Veterinary Medicine Cluj-Napoca, the Technical University Cluj-Napoca, FreshBlood, Fortech, Nagarro, Linnify, Activize, ROTSA, ClujIT Cluster, Startup Reaktor, Make IT in Oradea, AI Minded, Telios Care, and many others.