Austrian platform Digicust secures €100k from Sofia Angels Ventures
Vienna-based digital customs clearance platform Digicust has secured €100,000 from the Bulgarian growth investor Sofia Angels Ventures. The capital injection will support further product development and business expansion, SeeNews reports.
- Founded in 2020 by Ahmad Haj Mosa and Borisav Parmakovic, Digicust develops ML and AI-based systems to digitalize and automate customs document processing. It allows freight enterprises to scale their businesses in foreign trade while saving time and costs tremendously.
- The startup’s proprietary solution is the virtual customs robot Dexter IDP, which builds on companies’ own IT infrastructures without any major changes. Last year, Digicust provided its services to over 700 companies in the DACH region.
“With the support of Sofia Angels Ventures, we will focus on scaling our business, further develop our product Dexter IDP and provide customers across industries and worldwide with a solution for automated end-to-end document processing and automated customs declarations,”Borisav Parmakovic, Digicust co-founder and CEO, comments.
- Sofia Angels Ventures provided the capital for expansion. It is a Sofia-based €13 million VC focusing on technology startups at pre-seed and seed stages predominantly from Bulgaria, SEE, and CEE countries. The fund is backed by EIF to co-invest alongside angels, family offices, and other private investors and funds.
- The injection follows a €100,000 pre-seed funding round provided to Digicust by the Estonian early-stage investor Startup Wise Guys completed in November 2022.
- Digicust will use the fresh capital to further develop its product and expand its operations worldwide.