Romanian-founded Videowise raises ＄3M in a round led by Slack Fund
Videowise, a video marketing platform, has raised $3 million in an investment round led by Slack Fund. Romanian VC fund Underline Ventures participated in the funding, along with FounderCollective, MuVentures, Ratio Ventures, and others.
- Founded in 2021 by the Romanian entrepreneur Claudiu Cioba, Videowise is an e-commerce video marketing platform based in Delaware, USA. The platform helps brands and retailers to create interactive and shoppable videos on online stores to increase engagement and conversion.
- Its commerce-centric infrastructure protects page speed, saves brands time by automating various processes. It also offers more insights in video analytics than any traditional platform. Currently, over 100 worldwide design and development agencies are using the platform.
“Videowise is changing how consumers make online decisions by making videos the central piece of their shopping experience, allowing e-commerce companies to elevate their product presentation. Claudiu and his team have done an incredible job and we’re very excited to partner with them,”Bogdan Iordache, General Partner at Underline Ventures, commented on the deal.
- Slack Fund, an investment arm of the American enterprise software platform Slack, is the lead investor. Underline Ventures is one of the participating investors. It is a Bucharest-based VC fund established by Bogdan Iordache in 2022. The fund aims to invest €20 million in Eastern European early-stage startups.
- Other investors included FounderCollective, MuVentures, Ratio Ventures, as well as strategic investors such as Stan Chudnovsky (ex-Meta, PayPal), Javier Olivan (COO Meta), Ed Baker (ex-Uber), Scott Belsky (Behance co-founder, ex-Adobe), and Gokul Rajaram (Google & Meta).
- The startup will use the fresh funding to further develop its video marketing platform and take the leading place in the e-commerce next frontier.