Finnish VC OpenOcean joins a €27M Series B round for Hygraph
German SaaS startup Hygraph has raised over €27 million to power the next generation of content management. The funding round was led by One Peak, with participation from Helsinki-based investor OpenOcean, Berlin-based SquareOne Venture Capital, and other angels.
- Hygraph’s federated content platform enables to build content-rich applications, manage large product catalogs, and control internal knowledge management systems. Replacing middleware development, Hygraph allows organizations to connect siloed content that resides across their entire software stack, via a single API.
- Today, Hygraph is used by fast-moving digital teams globally, including Dr. Oetker, Shure, Samsung, Ashley Furniture and Philips.
- One Peak, a specialist private equity firm focused on growth stage technology and tech-enabled companies, is a leading investor in the round.
- Existing investor OpenOcean, an early-stage venture capital firm operating with offices in London and Helsinki. It focuses on leading or co-leading Series A investments with initial ticket sizes up to €5 million in companies driving the data economy, including B2B platforms and Enterprise Software technology. Recently, it participated in a $65 million round for Lithuanian fintech kevin.
“Hygraph solves the customization and integration challenges that continue to slow the creation of new or complex digital services at scale. We have been hugely impressed with Hygraph’s strong and capital-efficient growth trajectory and believe that its federated content platform presents a sizeable market opportunity,”David Klein, Tatjana Kast, сo-founder and Managing Partner, Director at One Peak
- Hydraph plans to use the funding to continue developing the platform, as well as expand into new geographies, with a particular focus on North America.