Lithuanian edtech Teachers Lead Tech raises €150k from local investors
29 March, 2023, 10:56
Vilnius-based educational technology startup Teachers Lead Tech has raised €150,000 from several Lithuanian investors. The startup offers an empowering educational system to teach creative computer science to children, Baltic VC informs.
- Launched in 2019 by Monika Katkute, Teacher Lead Tech is developing a platform that helps children learn creative informatics, which later allows to acquire basic computer science skills. The platform’s curriculum blends class subjects with various technology practices, from coding to AI, from maths to arts.
- It also provides community and mentor support for teachers, regular hands-on skill-building sessions, and time-saving learning materials. Thanks to this, every kid can grow up with basic technology creativity skills, despite their gender, location, or socioeconomic background.
- So far, the platform engaged more than 80,000 children across Lithuania.
- The list of investors includes the industrial automation equipment supplier Elinta, the founder of Vinted Mantas Mikuckas, co-founder of dropshipping platform Oberlo Andrius Slimas, Donatas Carpenter, non-profit Marius Jakulis Jason Foundation, and others.
- Teachers Lead Tech will use the fresh funds for further development and expansion to the US market.