Romanian medtech Synaptiq raises €440k investment round
05 April, 2023, 16:29
The Cluj-based medical software company Synaptiq, specialized in optimizing cancer treatment, has raised €440,000 in a new round of investments. Part of this investment, worth €160,000, is open for private investors on the SeedBlink platform.
- Founded in 2020, Synaptiq develops Mediq solution which allow radiation oncologists to identify and delineate the tumors and organs at risk from the current average of 2–4 hours to a maximum of 5 minutes, to quickly make the treatment decisions, and thus increase the chances of survival for patients.
- Synaptiq has currently a team of 15, including software engineers and business experts, and a group of five radiation oncologists.
- In 2020, Synaptiq raised a €250,000 in a pre-seed round of investment. Later, the company received a non-refundable grant of €158,000 from the Norwegian fund Innovation Norway.
- The fresh €440,000 of this investment round was led by Fortech Investments, that has recently led a €1.1 million round for the Bucharest-based company easySales Global. Cleverage VC, Gapminder VC, and the angel investor Daniel Istrate has also participated.
“HealthTech is one of our main focuses at Fortech Investments, and Synaptiq caught our attention from the beginning. We will support the Synaptiq project with all our strength so that together we can have an even bigger impact in the lives of people across the globe”,says Valentin Filip, managing partner of Fortech Investments
- The current investment round will be used to complete the European Level Certification of the Mediq solution and to carry out the full clinical trial required for the accreditation. This will enable the deployment of Mediq in radiotherapy clinics across all Europe, in parallel with the addition of new features and functionalities in the application.